Love Feedback on my Gaming Channel Please

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there!

First off, Its excellent that your video quality is decent. Thats a crucial one really. Im astounded at how many people in 2017 still try and film video games off there TV screens or capture there video footage at below 480p so your definately on the right track right there :) plus your audios nice and clear and your presentation is pretty decent I dont know if you ad lib or crib off notes but you have a real knack for fluid talking which is very important for these kind of videos I heard very few "Umm's" and "Ahh's" so definate congrats there! :)

Onto your points:
1 - Your Banner design is alright...I'd say it does the job. if I had to be brutally critical about it i'd say it seems a little bit cluttered around the middle and you could probably crop in your Heizenblog Avatar to just a head and shoulder shot. so my only suggestion here would be to maybe spread your layout out a little bit more to let your text breath a bit ( though I can totally appreciate the absolute pain in the butt what im suggesting will involve...I remade my channel art this evening and it took me close to 3 hours of trial and error just to stop it chopping the top and bottom of my logos off xD)

2 - Thumbnails are pretty fine by me, I love the fact they're all uniform and I like the fact they're quite minimalist and not too in your face. nice use of your video game subject as the main element of the thumbnail as well :) Only a minor suggestion on this one and it leads on from a point I said in my previous comments. your Heizenblog avatar could probably stand to to be cropped in just a tiny bit more (Just to get him to the waist up) I think it would help with the symmetry of your banner and thumbnails as his head would just about touch under the halfway mark of both rather than being exactly halfway up on your thumbnail or just above the halfway mark :)

3 - Sadly I cant help you too much on this point as SEO is a strange and cruel mistress who has stranded many a man in her cruel cruel yet perfectly optimized waves...sorry I couldnt be of more help here :(

4 - As I mentioned above you have more thant decent video quality, your audio's decent enough for what your trying to do (Though maybe just a touch too quite it could maaaaybe just inch up a tiny bit) your presentations nice and clear, your a fluid speaker...the only point I could raise is that on one or two of your lets play videos that have multiple parts there were one or two points in the video where I felt maybe an edited highlights would have worked better than an unbroken narrative of events, its nothing bad in terms of what your doing...rather I think if you took say a 15-20 minute video that had several good moments but a few moments that wernt quite as good as those good bits and trimmed it down to a concise 5-10 minutes that really got to the "Meat and gravy" of your session it would potentially increase your scope of people deciding to drop in based on the thumbnail and runtime :)

either way I would say you definately dont have anything to worry about ultimately, you've hit the ground running! :) great stuff! :)

Thanks very much for the detailed response, I'm still very much finding my voice at the moment with these early videos, but generally just talk and record in one go with the occasional pause, which I then edit out. The banner and thumbnails are still very much work in progress, but I do want consistency with the thumbnails so that they are all uniform, in an attempt to over time create a recognizable brand.

Once again though thanks for the really positive response, it spurs me on to do more and get better.

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks very much for the detailed response, I'm still very much finding my voice at the moment with these early videos, but generally just talk and record in one go with the occasional pause, which I then edit out. The banner and thumbnails are still very much work in progress, but I do want consistency with the thumbnails so that they are all uniform, in an attempt to over time create a recognizable brand.

Once again though thanks for the really positive response, it spurs me on to do more and get better.
No trouble at all :) happy to help and best of luck with your channel I think your on to a winner :)

Brazel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should play that game called "Life", lmao super fun game bruh!!! :D