Love Feedback on my Gaming Channel Please

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there, I haven't been running my channel for long but would really like to know what people think of the following aspects.

1 - Banner design (too much, not enough etc)
2 - Thumbnail designs
3 - SEO - this is always a biggie
4 - Video content.

My channel focuses on Indie Games and Lets Play series, with in time more to follow perhaps reviews. I know that my narration needs a bit of work in the videos but would love some recommendation on how to improve that as well.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: TYTD

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,

For me, the only thing worth critiquing is the banner. I'm viewing your channel from my mobile. Your blog link is covered by your portrait. Also, your social media links are cut off. If possible, you may want to move them a little more to the left seeing that there is a bit of space where that's possible.

Hope that helps! :)

Hi there, I haven't been running my channel for long but would really like to know what people think of the following aspects.

2 - Thumbnail designs
4 - Video content.

My channel focuses on Indie Games and Lets Play series, with in time more to follow perhaps reviews. I know that my narration needs a bit of work in the videos but would love some recommendation on how to improve that as well.

Thanks in advance

CrashCraze

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey!! Took a look at your channel and your commentary is pretty good! Maybe bumping the volume in your commentary just slightly will help! For your thumbnails try to make the logos or text a bit bigger so they pop out more! For SEO its a nightmare for me hahah I've found that tying your titles, descriptions and tags help though! I noticed from looking at a few of your videos your descriptions aren't very large, try packing in some detail and using that detail in your tags as well! Also maybe try to put together a little trailer for your channel to entice any new comers! Hope this helps :D

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello,

For me, the only thing worth critiquing is the banner. I'm viewing your channel from my mobile. Your blog link is covered by your portrait. Also, your social media links are cut off. If possible, you may want to move them a little more to the left seeing that there is a bit of space where that's possible.

Hope that helps! :)
Thanks that really helps, currently having a look at the banner to try and make it stand out better.[DOUBLEPOST=1507295760,1507295593][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey!! Took a look at your channel and your commentary is pretty good! Maybe bumping the volume in your commentary just slightly will help! For your thumbnails try to make the logos or text a bit bigger so they pop out more! For SEO its a nightmare for me hahah I've found that tying your titles, descriptions and tags help though! I noticed from looking at a few of your videos your descriptions aren't very large, try packing in some detail and using that detail in your tags as well! Also maybe try to put together a little trailer for your channel to entice any new comers! Hope this helps :D
Thanks for your help. I've been working on a trailer but its not coming along very well at the moment, as for the thumbnails and descriptions this is something i will work on in the future episodes, I guess its a bit of a leap of faith with the SEO to eventually fall upon a formula that works.

Reactions: CrashCraze

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi mate, a few things from me

Banner is Meh, it has everything it needs to and tells people what you do but it has no personality to it, no fun

thumbnails are okay apart from your logo is tiny and unreadable, when making thumbnails, zoom out to look at them the size they will appear and make sure everything is clear

Video sound is all over the place, the sound is much lower for the intro part, i turned it up and then the main gameplay is really loud and a little bit crackly. With the indie series you don't really say what the game is, is it a RTS a FPS etc? give the game some more info before going into the gameplay not just the title of the game

the gameplay was okay, i won't comment on your style as i usually ask for someones 100th video before i review because it takes time to find your style and get more confident, but you just kind of played it, there was very little feedback in terms of gameplay, graphics, details, story, you didn't even say if you liked the game at the end of the video. Indie spotlight suggests more of a broader overview of the game, when in reality its 15 minutes of gameplay with no real feedback/review

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're very welcome! :)

Thanks that really helps, currently having a look at the banner to try and make it stand out better.[DOUBLEPOST=1507295760,1507295593][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks for your help. I've been working on a trailer but its not coming along very well at the moment, as for the thumbnails and descriptions this is something i will work on in the future episodes, I guess its a bit of a leap of faith with the SEO to eventually fall upon a formula that works.

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hi mate, a few things from me

Banner is Meh, it has everything it needs to and tells people what you do but it has no personality to it, no fun

thumbnails are okay apart from your logo is tiny and unreadable, when making thumbnails, zoom out to look at them the size they will appear and make sure everything is clear

Video sound is all over the place, the sound is much lower for the intro part, i turned it up and then the main gameplay is really loud and a little bit crackly. With the indie series you don't really say what the game is, is it a RTS a FPS etc? give the game some more info before going into the gameplay not just the title of the game

the gameplay was okay, i won't comment on your style as i usually ask for someones 100th video before i review because it takes time to find your style and get more confident, but you just kind of played it, there was very little feedback in terms of gameplay, graphics, details, story, you didn't even say if you liked the game at the end of the video. Indie spotlight suggests more of a broader overview of the game, when in reality its 15 minutes of gameplay with no real feedback/review

Thanks for that, I'm currently redesigning the banner as i'm not that impressed either, I will look at the thumbnails also.

The video sound is something I'm really not happy with either, I'm currently recording the game play using the XBOX app, but then having to record separately over the intro and outro tile using the windows movie maker which gives a difference in volume, and I'm not sure how to rectify the crackling noise at the moment, I think I may have to put my hand in my pocket and get a better microphone.

The video content feedback is really useful as well thank you, I hadn't even realised that I was missing the most basic of information out about what the game is.

Hopefully if you check back in a few days you will see a different banner and better thumbnails.

Reactions: Loki Doki

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay so I have a new banner to hopefully make my channel a bit more fun, and have used a new template for the thumbnails on the latest video which should hopefully carry through as the new theme.

I have recorded the next video for my indie spotlight series and altered my style slightly giving a lot more information about the type of game i'm playing, this will be released by the end of the week. As for the sound quality i'm currently doing a few tests with different software to see how they compare.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer

2 - Thumbnail designs
4 - Video content.

Thanks in advance

Hi there!

First off, Its excellent that your video quality is decent. Thats a crucial one really. Im astounded at how many people in 2017 still try and film video games off there TV screens or capture there video footage at below 480p so your definately on the right track right there :) plus your audios nice and clear and your presentation is pretty decent I dont know if you ad lib or crib off notes but you have a real knack for fluid talking which is very important for these kind of videos I heard very few "Umm's" and "Ahh's" so definate congrats there! :)

Onto your points:
1 - Your Banner design is alright...I'd say it does the job. if I had to be brutally critical about it i'd say it seems a little bit cluttered around the middle and you could probably crop in your Heizenblog Avatar to just a head and shoulder shot. so my only suggestion here would be to maybe spread your layout out a little bit more to let your text breath a bit ( though I can totally appreciate the absolute pain in the butt what im suggesting will involve...I remade my channel art this evening and it took me close to 3 hours of trial and error just to stop it chopping the top and bottom of my logos off xD)

2 - Thumbnails are pretty fine by me, I love the fact they're all uniform and I like the fact they're quite minimalist and not too in your face. nice use of your video game subject as the main element of the thumbnail as well :) Only a minor suggestion on this one and it leads on from a point I said in my previous comments. your Heizenblog avatar could probably stand to to be cropped in just a tiny bit more (Just to get him to the waist up) I think it would help with the symmetry of your banner and thumbnails as his head would just about touch under the halfway mark of both rather than being exactly halfway up on your thumbnail or just above the halfway mark :)

3 - Sadly I cant help you too much on this point as SEO is a strange and cruel mistress who has stranded many a man in her cruel cruel yet perfectly optimized waves...sorry I couldnt be of more help here :(

4 - As I mentioned above you have more thant decent video quality, your audio's decent enough for what your trying to do (Though maybe just a touch too quite it could maaaaybe just inch up a tiny bit) your presentations nice and clear, your a fluid speaker...the only point I could raise is that on one or two of your lets play videos that have multiple parts there were one or two points in the video where I felt maybe an edited highlights would have worked better than an unbroken narrative of events, its nothing bad in terms of what your doing...rather I think if you took say a 15-20 minute video that had several good moments but a few moments that wernt quite as good as those good bits and trimmed it down to a concise 5-10 minutes that really got to the "Meat and gravy" of your session it would potentially increase your scope of people deciding to drop in based on the thumbnail and runtime :)

either way I would say you definately dont have anything to worry about ultimately, you've hit the ground running! :) great stuff! :)

Aaron-charles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All I need to contribute is I find your tumbnails slightly cluttered