Lost my first sub

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You got it, part of the game. In fact I've found out that the more frequent you upload, the higher the chances someone might unsubscribe. Here are my stats, just to help you sink in that we all go through it:

Subscribers gained for the 6 months I've been at YT: 2031
Subscribers lost: 416
Number of subscribers lost due to closed accounts: 11
Number of subscribers lost from them unsubbing at their subs feed or channel list: 29
Number of subscribers lost without a specific source (not at a video or sub feed): 287

If you analyze those Youtubers with 5+ million subscribers, they probably lose anywhere from 500+ a day (of course, they make that up with 1000s of new subscribers). Keep a close eye on the subscriber analytic, sometimes it is fun to realize that some subscribers come from YT itself recommending your channel or videos when you might think that it never happens.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't worry about losing subs. I've lost plenty. You can't please everyone, as long as you move forward, it's all good!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I lose hundreds every month. Thankfully I replace them with thousands every month.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It help you when subs who aren’t watching drop out anyway

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dont beat yourself up dude:) It is a part of the game and it happens to all of us.
Last time I uploaded a video about my view on 21st century politicians I lost A LOT of subscribers. I think the video was a bit to much to some. But I gained the subs again quite fast and you will get subs back, dont worry about that

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All big youtubers lose quite a few subs, you just don't see it because they often gain more than they lose but they are still losing a lot. I've unsubbed from channels just because I had too many and couldn't keep track of them all, so you shouldn't take it personally as a reflection of you or your content. Sometimes it could be but mostly it isn't. I've lost at least 1,000-1,500 so far, you can't please everyone and you shouldn't try.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I lose 150 subs a day. Don't sweat it. The number that matters is net gain. As long as you keep going up, regardless if a few drop out, you know you're on the right track.

TheMaskedTruth

Reaction score
Everyone loses subs. There is literally nothing you can do about it. The key is to gain more than you lose.