Lost in YouTube....

Aarib Sami

Reaction score
So I have been uploading YouTube videos on my channel for a year now. Now I am just demotivated. I want to create gaming videos but those videos are not getting me the views and subscribers. Last year I uploaded a "texting a killer clown" video and that got 400k views which resulted into me having 4k subs. I privated it since it got copyrighted for music that was royalty Free. With all those subs you'll think I will get loads of view on videos but nope, I have really unloyal subscribers. I want to create gaming videos, not other types of videos. I don't know what to do. If gaming videos are what I desire to make, should I continue to make them or change my niche and try to find something else to do. Gaming videos are fun to make, I don't find other types of videos fun to make but if they give me views is that what I should do?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want to grow, and you're finding that gaming videos are not aren't helping your channel grow, then you might have to create other content in addition to gaming. Since gaming videos is what you have fun doing and that's what you want to do with your channel then you shouldn't kill it completely. I'd say just have a mix of content, but don't stray too far.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It’s not that you don’t have loyal subscribers, even at 4K you probably won’t get loads of views, if you look at really big YouTubers with millions of subscribers most of them don’t get half of their subscribers views! I know a few YouTubers with11 to 14 million subscribers and they get about 1 to 3 million views on their videos

Reactions: YonderYon

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends on what you want to do, I got to ask though, are you doing it for the views or because you enjoy it?
If you enjoy it, you should do what you want to do, because it will shine through. You could maybe do a different video every once in a while, just to change it up!

YonderYon

Reaction score
I read somewhere that most channels about 10% viewership among their subscribers. So you number of views might actually be fine. I'd say if you want loyal subscribers then do what you love, they'll notice you being yourself and becomes fans of you and not your videos. There have been plenty of times that I've watched something simply, because a certain person did it.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I read somewhere that most channels about 10% viewership among their subscribers. So you number of views might actually be fine. I'd say if you want loyal subscribers then do what you love, they'll notice you being yourself and becomes fans of you and not your videos. There have been plenty of times that I've watched something simply, because a certain person did it.
This is true! I have over 3k subscribers and I’m not getting 3k views on videos, sometimes I will get 1k to 2k views on videos but not every upload. The average I get is 200 to 600 views a video

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Gaming videos are fun to make, I don't find other types of videos fun to make but if they give me views is that what I should do?
You've answered your own question.
Why in the world would you produce videos that you do not enjoy making just because you think you may possibly get more views?
If you have fun making gaming videos then that is exactly what you should be doing. Why is it that you crave views so badly? If it is to feel popular then I would say you are even less likely to be successful making videos that you do not even enjoy making. If it is to earn money then....once again....you are more likely to accomplish this producing videos you enjoy.
I clicked on the link to your channel because I was curious to see how many videos you have produced. The channel link doesn't work. The more I learn about YouTube the more I believe that nobody should feel entitled to any level of "success" until they have produced and published at least 100 videos. If you have a passion for producing gaming videos then stick at it, produce hundreds of them, thousands even, even if you do not get the number of views that you feel you deserve at least you will have had a blast!

Aarib Sami

Reaction score
Why in the world would you produce videos that you do not enjoy making just because you think you may possibly get more views?
If you have fun making gaming videos then that is exactly what you should be doing. Why is it that you crave views so badly? If it is to feel popular then I would say you are even less likely to be successful making videos that you do not even enjoy making. If it is to earn money then....once again....you are more likely to accomplish this producing videos you enjoy.
I clicked on the link to your channel because I was curious to see how many videos you have produced. The channel link doesn't work. The more I learn about YouTube the more I believe that nobody should feel entitled to any level of "success" until they have produced and published at least 100 videos. If you have a passion for producing gaming videos then stick at it, produce hundreds of them, thousands even, even if you do not get the number of views that you feel you deserve at least you will have had a blast!
This helps a ton! Thanks! If you care, my channel is youtube.com/aaribplayztv. I know not an original name but still working on it *Cringe Warning*.[DOUBLEPOST=1514349078,1514349056][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks!
[DOUBLEPOST=1514349097][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1514349201][/DOUBLEPOST]
It’s not that you don’t have loyal subscribers, even at 4K you probably won’t get loads of views, if you look at really big YouTubers with millions of subscribers most of them don’t get half of their subscribers views! I know a few YouTubers with11 to 14 million subscribers and they get about 1 to 3 million views on their videos
I understand but with 4k subs getting 10 views per video is a little off.[DOUBLEPOST=1514349226][/DOUBLEPOST]T
It depends on what you want to do, I got to ask though, are you doing it for the views or because you enjoy it?
If you enjoy it, you should do what you want to do, because it will shine through. You could maybe do a different video every once in a while, just to change it up!
Thanks!

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Hey! I just checked out your channel and watched the "Hate Comments" video, I loved it and hadn't realised how young you are.
You have really good online presence, great natural style...keep doing what you're doing. Forget about views and subs for a little while and just focus on producing your content regularly and continuing to improve the quality of presentation, thumbnails, and editing.
Also...and run this past your parents first...check out Gary Vaynerchuk's channel. He has great advice for young people starting out. His language is pretty colourful, so make sure your folks are OK with you watching his stuff first.[DOUBLEPOST=1514361010,1514360813][/DOUBLEPOST]
Last year I uploaded a "texting a killer clown" video and that got 400k views which resulted into me having 4k subs. I privated it since it got copyrighted for music that was royalty Free
By the way, I wanted to question this. I also have videos with music that has been claimed for copyright but I have not had to private them. I just can't monetise them. They still get tens of thousands of views and attract people to my channel...are you sure you really needed to private that video or are you worried the the killer clown content may cause YouTube to close your channel?