Losing views?? Da hell?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Any idea what the hell is going on?

I have noticed really old videos of mine my views are disappearing, like videos from a few years back that had 50 - 100 views have now 10 - 20 views. It's really dis motivating to see the views go down instead of up. Same is happening with newer videos getting 60+ views and all the sudden they drop down in a week or so.

I know I am not big or will ever be big but like... da hell youtube.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm sure at times YT takes corrective measures to remove views that might have been incorrectly reported. Even then, I wouldn't tie much of your success to past numbers (or even strange behaviors to recent numbers).

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm sure at times YT takes corrective measures to remove views that might have been incorrectly reported.
This. Youtube is always scouring the site for bot views and the like. Views of deleted accounts also disappear. So yes, your views can go down, don't fret too much about.

What I find more concerning is that you have a 1.9K subscribers, but 95% of your videos have less then 40 views. This suggests you've done sub4sub, which is very harmful for your channel. Your subscriber account really doesn't matter that much to Youtube, they're just milestones. What counts is your watch time, your retention time and the interaction on the video (comments, likes). Your watch time is abominal compared to the amount of subscribers you have, hurting your chances to be picked up by the algorithm.

Fuzzy hat

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
My views have dramatically decreased as well in last couple of weeks all of the sudden. I lost few thousand views combined . Very discouraging!

Berry2019

Reaction score
This. Youtube is always scouring the site for bot views and the like. Views of deleted accounts also disappear. So yes, your views can go down, don't fret too much about.

What I find more concerning is that you have a 1.9K subscribers, but 95% of your videos have less then 40 views. This suggests you've done sub4sub, which is very harmful for your channel. Your subscriber account really doesn't matter that much to Youtube, they're just milestones. What counts is your watch time, your retention time and the interaction on the video (comments, likes). Your watch time is abominal compared to the amount of subscribers you have, hurting your chances to be picked up by the algorithm.

That’s a very interesting point. I have 19K subscribers (gained by collaborations), but only 150-200 really watch my videos However, I use AdWords to increase views and retention rates, so I have 1000-40,000 views on my videos (retention is 30-60%). Does it help to have AdWords views in this situation?

Fuzzy hat

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I feel like using AdWords is waiste of time and money!, sure it looks good that the view count is up, but I think algorithm knows that half of the views are bought through AdWords and probably don’t count them .

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
That’s a very interesting point. I have 19K subscribers (gained by collaborations), but only 150-200 really watch my videos However, I use AdWords to increase views and retention rates, so I have 1000-40,000 views on my videos (retention is 30-60%). Does it help to have AdWords views in this situation?
Using Adwords is a prime example of views that can get removed. If you find yourself suddenly losing thousands of views, that would be Youtube removing these bot views from your videos.
Really can't recommend using Adwords, you need to build organic views!

Berry2019

Reaction score
Using Adwords is a prime example of views that can get removed. If you find yourself suddenly losing thousands of views, that would be Youtube removing these bot views from your videos.
Really can't recommend using Adwords, you need to build organic views!
I would disagree on this one. AdWords are not bot views, they are real and coming from real people. Never had AdWords views removed and never heard that YouTube removes AdWords views. Real views always stay!