Losing subscribers?

Webgamingcentral

Reaction score
Ok so I had a subscriber boom where I gained and still gaining subscribers fast. I have also noticed that now I am losing subscribers fast as well. This seems really strange. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Also I've noticed that there is a good amount of "new" youtube accounts that subscribe. Any insight into why this is?

Also how accurate is youtube's analytics regarding subscribers?

Thank to anyone that can help!

ItsTehShadow

YTtalk's Purple Enthusiast!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Having a look at socialblade, your not losing subs very much at all. Your gaining over 100 a day which is really good. Maybe YouTube is just closing inactive accounts?

People may create new accounts just to subscribe when before they didn't find anyone worth subscribing to, maybe your special :p (otherwise I don't really know about that)

Youtube Analytics is usually pretty good, but give it a day or more to update as sometimes it takes a while to change.

Reactions: Tonio

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't worry about it too much.

Everyone loses subscribers. I lose around 50-100 per day... key is just to gain more than you lose ;)

Partially it will be due to closed YT accounts, others will be people who just aren't interested in the content anymore. Either way, you can always think 'a subscriber who isn't ever watching my stuff is pointless anyways'

Webgamingcentral

Reaction score
Another question, why did it take so long for me to start losing subs per day?

What I want to know is, what criteria is youtube using to figure this out?

Gamevolution657

I've Got It
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much, I dream of having the amount of subs that you have, You upload regular content and it all seems pretty good, I have just subbed so it cant be that bad as im picky!! ;) Best of luck

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
I have been gaining and also losing subs but i always gain another one and i think that comes from my hard work and now i have 77 at the moment and my milestone was to get at least to 50 just try your best at whatever you do:)

Webgamingcentral

Reaction score
Thanks again guys! That info is encouraging. Thanks Gamevolution, I appreciate the sub and compliment!