Losing Subscribers. Is it a January thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiasco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi There, I've just started uploading again after a while off but I seem to be losing subscribers. I was just wondering if people go and clean out their subscriber list at the start of the year. You know whittle it down a bit. Or should I re think my channel strategy.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think months have anything to do with losing subs

Frithgar

Reaction score
I'm not losing subs, but my income is way down. When I say way down, I mean on target to be about a fifth of what the previous month was. My view count is actually rising, so I'm assuming that more about advertisers with less to sell at this time of year.

clairelouise

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think companies pay less meaning we earn less :)

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Think it depends on many factors, one of them being that no matter how small the break, if you stop being consistent it seems to bug people :p

Fiasco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not losing subs, but my income is way down. When I say way down, I mean on target to be about a fifth of what the previous month was. My view count is actually rising, so I'm assuming that more about advertisers with less to sell at this time of year.
My view count is rising as well but it would be nice to keep the subs. I don't really earn anything so Can't comment on if that's down or not.
Think it depends on many factors, one of them being that no matter how small the break, if you stop being consistent it seems to bug people :p
Oh well. Sometimes life gets in the way.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Losing subscribers is normal and can happen during any month. Also, it's common to have a lot more advertising revenue during the month of December, so it will usually appear lower in January. If you are questioning how YouTube tracks the subscriber number, Google has discussed this on their support site:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6392782

I consider losing subscribers a good thing because it keeps the number of actual engaged viewers more realistic.

The best thing to do is keep trying to make your best content and attract viewers who are interested in what you are doing.

Threads asking general questions about YouTube statistics are very common at YTtalk, and therefore the staff close them.

Status
Not open for further replies.