Losing Subscribers after a change in content?

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone, so I just recently got back on YouTube after "sick leave" for a bit and I've decided to go in a new direction with my videos, namely more positive fun stuff like Kpop, food, fun vlogs, going back to roots with Asian-American stuff, etc.

Well in my last two videos since I became active again on YT, I lost 5 subs (and for someone with only around the 500 ish range, it's very noticeable). Could I have been losing subs from that large growth that I previously had back when I made semi political rant videos? And if so, how long will this kind of "damage" last to my channel before I start gaining subs again? Thanks :)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There´s a possibility that it could happen, I have noticed on my channel though that the losing sub glitch still happen, that I lose a sub whenever I upload a video. But I immediately get it back!
Did you give your subs a notification that you are switching up your content?

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know I have lost a sub or two because their account was deactivated or deleted because of inactivity (Or something along those lines). Just don't worry about it, keep producing content on a regular bases and you will for sure gain new subs again.

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I'm not sure where I should go to check if my subs receive notifications but some of my friends who are subbed say they do receive it so I guess...

But like is it good to completely stick with my new niche, or branch out a tiny bit so the difference between my old and new content is not as jarring...?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Not the answer you want to hear but yes, of course you will.

Some people subbed to see a certain type of content when you stop producing that some people will leave. just keep at it and do what you want to do.

Gate of Theories

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you'll lose a few as you've changed but you'll soon start gaining them again so it will balance out.

Reaction score
Right Now You shouldn't really care about subscribers and just produce the content you want to make. If you enjoy doing it you will gain more subscribers in time.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
perhaps in your video just let ppl know you are changing up your format or content :D

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you could be losing subs for any # of reasons. that being said, you should make content you primarily enjoy and not worry too much about other things b/c you'll just end up miserable in the long haul.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have also changed my style since I started and I feel it too. When I upload new videos I often lose subscribers but in the long run I´m getting a lot more than I lose. So I think you'll lose some do to your change in style but if you continue making great videos it will balance out. IMO and hopefully you will gain again:)