Losing more subs than gaining [Tips needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharSjar

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ahhh don't sweat it too much, my channel fluctuates all the time, I mean when I stopped uploading I lost subs like a plague had just ran through and even when I started uploading again I've still been dropping big numbers in subs, but it doesn't bother me. I take a look at my analytics every now and again and it just shows a little up and down wave motion of gaining and losing subs. For whatever reason it is, it's generally out of your control and not usually down to the quality of your videos.
Aaaah yes, you have like 5k subs - is there something you did to gain them? How long have you been making videos? How do you promote? Because that is something I'm kinda struggling in.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

TheGameGateway

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Aaaah yes, you have like 5k subs - is there something you did to gain them? How long have you been making videos? How do you promote? Because that is something I'm kinda struggling in.
I got mine by a comment on youtube that randomly got top comment for about a year, it got me loads of subs, but barely any views. I generally don't get great views like I used to, but I promote via forums, through steam friends and various apps that I use.

Reactions: SharSjar

HiMyNameIsDan

#crumbs
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's happens sometimes, just the way it is. Just make sure your channel is active so that people have reason to still sub to you, if you are still losing subs while still being active, then maybe you need to look at your content and see what is working and what is not working.

Doctor Dano

Doctor Dano
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know I tell all the others not to worry too much when you're losing subscribers, but currently, I've lost a total of 5, 6 subs in a week. When you have the amount I have it is easily noticeable. And now it's getting to me a little - I've been doing my best to recover from being away for 3 months and I've been active again for like 3, 4 weeks. This time with the intention not taking breaks.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Who can help me out with some tips?
Same thing happening to me lately, it's very frustrating. I made a thread about it. Instead of the usual gaining subs I am losing subs now, something that only happened rarely. My channel is small, so every sub counts now haha. Btw are you Dutch?

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
i guess maybe those subscribers that left were just subbing for subs. most people do that nowadays. you should find subscribers that truly watch your content and leave comments. not just someone who subs for subs

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea it's probably from you being away people probably thought you just stopped so didn't wanna be subscribe. but don't worry I'm sure your numbers will be back up there in no time

chloeevevlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
don't worry too much about it, I don't have that many but I'd rather have less that like my uploads rather than more that are inactive.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Old thread. OP is no longer active.

Status
Not open for further replies.