Looking to take channel in a new direction?

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Hello YTTalk! I've been YouTubeing for a few years now (very on and off) and I've been so caught up in analysis paralysis that I haven't made videos in a while. Now, I really want to do more and since my videos do take so long to make (and they're pretty stressful for me) I wanted to also create other types of content that will be easier/quicker and also be entertaining and helpful. In the video I just uploaded, I outlined how I wanted to also do a sort of progress following of my drawing skills and see how much I can improve through a year of dedicated practice. If y'all could watch that video and give some suggestions on changes I could make and how I should actually format these future videos, that would be much appreciated!

I think you answered your own question in your initial video.

Yes, if there's anything you can improve in your videos it's the visual presentation (TBH, this video is a good example; it would be more engaging if you were talking to the camera or there were other visuals to identify your personality, not just your channel).

The upshot is you have a great idea for how to address this by combining your love of illustration and stories. I love the idea of listening to a story (esp a mystery or creepypasta) where the conclusion is slowly revealed through an illustration in progress as it's also revealed verbally. Part speed/live drawing, party narration. It could also work for illustrating personal stories from your life, or update videos like this one.

If it were me, I would find it extremely hard to concentrate on both a good narration and the illustration at the same time. You'll likely also want to edit out parts of both, so I imagine you might voice over the drawing in post?

Anyways, I think it's a solid concept and I look forward to seeing where you take it.

Yes, if there's anything you can improve in your videos it's the visual presentation (TBH, this video is a good example; it would be more engaging if you were talking to the camera or there were other visuals to identify your personality, not just your channel).

The upshot is you have a great idea for how to address this by combining your love of illustration and stories. I love the idea of listening to a story (esp a mystery or creepypasta) where the conclusion is slowly revealed through an illustration in progress as it's also revealed verbally. Part speed/live drawing, party narration. It could also work for illustrating personal stories from your life, or update videos like this one.

If it were me, I would find it extremely hard to concentrate on both a good narration and the illustration at the same time. You'll likely also want to edit out parts of both, so I imagine you might voice over the drawing in post?

Anyways, I think it's a solid concept and I look forward to seeing where you take it.

Thank you! I'm definitely working on the visual presentation of my videos. I've never worked on actual video before so this is all new territory for me. I need to figure out lighting, angles, whatever when I've only needed to work on audio before.

Hey I'm learning how to do better myself, but you do have a good start on your idea, talking about your passion for both stories and illustrations. Like i said i'm not the best to give good enough imput but always room to improve, for example i find it hard to look at the camera since i'm not used to it. But just like what buzzcuts said would like to see you engage more showing us more about visuals to help us see your personlity. :p sorry if my input didn't help but hope it does.

I've actually made the first video in the "series" I was trying to start. If you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate your critique of it. Thanks so much for all your help!

Back