Looking to buy my daughter video/audio equipment

susans

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So I want to buy my 13 year old daughter some video/audio equipment to record her youtube videos with. I notice that Nic Ker has a really nice setup. Can someone recommend what she would need? I'm assuming a good microphone, camera and some kind of software? She has an ipad but I'm assuming that it's not good enough quality to use as a camera?

And can I get a bit of a description of how this will be set up? Are the microphone and camera USB connected to a computer and then the software uses both of these to record?

Oh and it wouldn't let me put the Ampersand symbol in front of Nic Ker's name. Isn't that how you are supposed to tag him? It says that I can't have any links in my post.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
How much your budget?

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Software that I used (recommend you) is Camtasia Studio. It's pretty basic but helpful. Camera that I'm using is sony handycam .. (Not DSLR) Using an old model but you can search for new ones. I'm currently don't have mic (except for the headset)

Also if you want to tag someone. Start with @

Note : Sony Handycam for now sold around $400 (That's the most cheapest but high quality) More expensive is just for film or anything like that (Just for advanced user) Since it's just for your daughter, I would recommend the cheapest ones. It's easy to use

Reactions: susans

susans

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Software that I used (recommend you) is Camtasia Studio. It's pretty basic but helpful. Camera that I'm using is sony handycam .. (Not DSLR) Using an old model but you can search for new ones. I'm currently don't have mic (except for the headset)

Also if you want to tag someone. Start with @
Thank you very much. I'll look into it.

I tried tagging with the @ but it told me that I can't have links in the message. And what do you do about people with a space in their name? Like Nik Ker. How do you add the @ symbol when there's a space? @nic ker isn't going to work right?

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thank you very much. I'll look into it.

I tried tagging with the @ but it told me that I can't have links in the message. And what do you do about people with a space in their name? Like Nik Ker. How do you add the @ symbol when there's a space? @nic ker isn't going to work right?
That seems to worked but I don't think that is the user that you want to mention right? I don't know much about tagging though. I'm gonna tag adminstrator @Michael. Hope he can help you with this

susans

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That seems to worked but I don't think that is the user that you want to mention right? I don't know much about tagging though. I'm gonna tag adminstrator @Michael. Hope he can help you with this
If you go to the member list and search for Nic Ker you'll see the member. He's the one I want to tag here but he has a space between Nic and Ker.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Let me try @Nic Ker
Haha, it worked for me. Space is actually work. To make sure it tagged, type the member name and wait for the list of member to come out and then select your member that you desire

Reactions: Michael

susans

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ok, let me try again. @Nic Ker

I didn't notice the pop up list of members earlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1410525527,1410525475][/DOUBLEPOST]Woo! It worked! Thank you so much @SlenderMan. I really appreciate all the time you spent helping me. You're the greatest!

Reactions: Michael

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ok, let me try again. @Nic Ker

I didn't notice the pop up list of members earlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1410525527,1410525475][/DOUBLEPOST]Woo! It worked! Thank you so much @SlenderMan. I really appreciate all the time you spent helping me. You're the greatest!
Haha, you're welcome :)