looking to add music now to my videos but don't want to get any copyright issues.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I would totally recommend Epidmeic Sound if you don’t mind paying 8USD per month. I’ve been with them for 1 month and it makes my life easier and I stopped being afraid of copyright claims/strikes. Even if you stop paying, videos that you already uploaded are still protected and you shouldn’t have any problem. They own the right for every song, I know this cause I asked them and they are pretty responsive via email. (I asked them about how Article 13 will affect their business model)

I tried those NCS music channels and I encountered these problems
1. Takes a lot of time to find the perfect song
2. My subs feedback was: don’t use old songs (old songs are really popular with tons of views so is easy to find them) and those videos got like 15 dislikes which is a lot for my channel

After using Epidemic Sound my feedback has been:
1. Love the music in your videos
2. I love when you put this song at this moment
3. Your song made me so scary I almost jump

I like to combine video + emotion while using music and for a Gaming Channel this is working great. If you are a vlogger, I would say Epidemic Sound is a must... the things you can create are limitless... I wish I had a drone :(((( XDD

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have only ever used the YouTube library. New content seems to arrive regularly and eveyone should be able to find something suitable here. There must be 1000s to choose from.
My main reason is that I have heard of videos using 'free music' turning into copyright some time later..

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have this idea that no videos go down just from the music.
If this is a false statement, please corrent me.
I usually receive Youtube notifications on upload that a song is copyrighted and copyright holders may place ads
(good luck with that, I have 2-10 views per video... and no monetisation approved...)
I once had a notification that the video was muted due to copyright matters. My fault didn't check before using.
Twice, notifications that due to music copyright subjects the video was excluded in Japan and/or Germany. don't remember.

For everything else I use Youtube Audio Library free files.
No reason to pay for music as long as they are personal projects and free music fits my needs.
Hope this helps.