looking to add music now to my videos but don't want to get any copyright issues.

Le316King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
any advice? I want to take my channel more seriously now and don't want anything taken down because of music. What is the general rule for adding music to videos?

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Make sure it's copyright free and credit the artist. I get my music for my videos by going on Youtube and typing in 'Copyright free music' there'a heaps to choose from, good luck! Too expensive to start paying for license fees.

Reactions: Le316King

Le316King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make sure it's copyright free and credit the artist. I get my music for my videos by going on Youtube and typing in 'Copyright free music' there'a heaps to choose from, good luck! Too expensive to start paying for license fees.
thanks bro! To credit the artist I just need to put the song and artist in description right?

Reactions: Looped Fruit

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
thanks bro! To credit the artist I just need to put the song and artist in description right?
Usually a lot of the bigger 'Copyright free music youtube channels' will have instructions in the description and it's usually for you to copy and paste the song name, the artist, the artists Youtube channel, soundcloud and any other of their sites. If you run into a song that is copyright free and doesn't have those instructions, I just put the artist and song name.

Le316King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Usually a lot of the bigger 'Copyright free music youtube channels' will have instructions in the description and it's usually for you to copy and paste the song name, the artist, the artists Youtube channel, soundcloud and any other of their sites. If you run into a song that is copyright free and doesn't have those instructions, I just put the artist and song name.
thanks again for the advice! Best of luck with your channel

Reactions: Looped Fruit

Weebster

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you don't mind paying there is Epidemic sound , and they are on of the best (if not best) if to comes to quality and quantity of songs to choose from. They are subscription based service, and their price varies depending on how many views you get. Other than that YouTube itself has library of royalty free music (usually you have to include artist name and links to their channel) There are also channels dedicated to royalty free music on YT.

Le316King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you don't mind paying there is Epidemic sound , and they are on of the best (if not best) if to comes to quality and quantity of songs to choose from. They are subscription based service, and their price varies depending on how many views you get. Other than that YouTube itself has library of royalty free music (usually you have to include artist name and links to their channel) There are also channels dedicated to royalty free music on YT.
Thanks for the help!

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I generally look up youtube's royalty free music youtube channel and browse playlists depending on the song mood or style I'm looking for. Generally there's something I can find there.

yourBRB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
use music from our youtube channel yourBedroom Beatz,,,if youre using our music just add our instructions from the songs description to your video description !
This is our latest release!
youtube.com/watch?v=MJubPcH3KYI