Looking for some great feedback

TheHerdLife

Reaction score
We just uploaded our very first video. We would love some feed back on the quality, production and entertainment value. Also if you like our thumbnail. We would like to know if you think our thumbnail is eye catching or if having the logo on the side takes away from it?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Jed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For a first video, it's really good. The camerawork is really good although I wish it was shifted slightly to the right so the gaps between the table and the edge of the screen were the same on both sides, but that's me being really picky. Apart from that it's good. Sound quality was good, I could hear you all clearly for the most part and the intro was nice

In terms or critiquing this I have a few things:

- Title:
I didn't really like the clickbait. Honestly I think that 'Fun Coca-Cola Experiments' or something like that would have more than sufficed. Maybe it works for other people, personally I think it spoils it a little bit

- For your replays you could have had some text in one of the corners which says 'replay'. You don't need it,I just think it would be nice. Same could be said for making the screen gray-scale during replays

- The writing in the thumbnail could be a bit bigger but maybe that's just me

All that being said. I really do think it's a good first video; a good place to start

Edit: I've just seen your thumbnail for your second video. I don't really like it. The colours clash and it's hard to read the text. The base design for your first video's thumbnail was good and you should stick to that and personalise it for each video you do in my opinion

TheHerdLife

Reaction score
For a first video, it's really good. The camerawork is really good although I wish it was shifted slightly to the right so the gaps between the table and the edge of the screen were the same on both sides, but that's me being really picky. Apart from that it's good. Sound quality was good, I could hear you all clearly for the most part and the intro was nice

In terms or critiquing this I have a few things:

- Title:
I didn't really like the clickbait. Honestly I think that 'Fun Coca-Cola Experiments' or something like that would have more than sufficed. Maybe it works for other people, personally I think it spoils it a little bit

- For your replays you could have had some text in one of the corners which says 'replay'. You don't need it,I just think it would be nice. Same could be said for making the screen gray-scale during replays

- The writing in the thumbnail could be a bit bigger but maybe that's just me

All that being said. I really do think it's a good first video; a good place to start

Edit: I've just seen your thumbnail for your second video. I don't really like it. The colours clash and it's hard to read the text. The base design for your first video's thumbnail was good and you should stick to that and personalise it for each video you do in my opinion
Thanks for the feed back. I don't like our thumbnails either. I really played with our third thumbnail and I think I am going to go back and change one and two to be more like it.

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Thanks for the feed back. I don't like our thumbnails either. I really played with our third thumbnail and I think I am going to go back and change one and two to be more like it.
I think your thumbnails look great man

Jed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think your third thumbnail is better than your second one but your first thumbnail is the best you've done so far in my opinion. But that's just what it is, my opinion. I tend to be really picky and focus on the really small things and if you disagree ignore me, it's your channel so at the end of the day it's your choice. You're just getting started up and so you're learning about what works for you and what you like, this is the experimentation stage. You'll soon find your style

The only thing I would advise is for you to keep your old thumbnails if not on YouTube on your computer so that you can see how far you've come. Personally I'd leave them on YouTube just the way they are that way you have an archive of your thumbnails as well as an archive of your videos but again your channel, your decision.

TheHerdLife

Reaction score
I think your third thumbnail is better than your second one but your first thumbnail is the best you've done so far in my opinion. But that's just what it is, my opinion. I tend to be really picky and focus on the really small things and if you disagree ignore me, it's your channel so at the end of the day it's your choice. You're just getting started up and so you're learning about what works for you and what you like, this is the experimentation stage. You'll soon find your style

The only thing I would advise is for you to keep your old thumbnails if not on YouTube on your computer so that you can see how far you've come. Personally I'd leave them on YouTube just the way they are that way you have an archive of your thumbnails as well as an archive of your videos but again your channel, your decision.
Thanks for your feedback. It really helps us grow and learn from what others think. It is hard to critic your own work, but having honest feed back will help us make a better channel in the future.