Looking for honest, blunt channel/video feedback.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, so I started my gaming playthrough channel around 2 months ago (Original I know) :p So far I've absolutely loved it! I've met some pretty cool people and I'm really enjoying making videos :)
However, with me being pretty new to Youtube I'm still trying to get as much feedback as I can!

When it comes to my channel, I think my Avatar and Banner look okay. There is a couple things I'm not too sure about though such as:
- Are my videos too long?
- Do I need better thumbnails?
- Do I need to try and edit my videos more?

If there is any feedback anyone can give me anything at all, even the slightest thing would be appreciated :D

Thank you very much for any feedback you may give.

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't watch gaming playthroughs, so I really can't speak to video length or editing. But...

-You need to set up and organize your home page.
-Make a channel trailer. (must be 2 minutes or less)
-Your thumbnails are high quality, but too generic. Great, resident evil. But what's happening in resident evil? It's good for thumbnails to be branded and all have the same feel, but they shouldn't all look exactly the same.

I do like your banner and avatar. The black stands out nice against all the white.

Good luck! :up2:

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Profile picture and channel header are fine, maybe a little too black but from a quality perspective they're decent.

I'm not an expert of lets plays but 30 something minutes seems a little too long and harder to engage your audience. Other thing is I would increase the size of the video of yourself and place the camera closer to you so you take more of the space.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't watch gaming playthroughs, so I really can't speak to video length or editing. But...

-You need to set up and organize your home page.
-Make a channel trailer. (must be 2 minutes or less)
-Your thumbnails are high quality, but too generic. Great, resident evil. But what's happening in resident evil? It's good for thumbnails to be branded and all have the same feel, but they shouldn't all look exactly the same.

I do like your banner and avatar. The black stands out nice against all the white.

Good luck! :up2:
Thankyou very much for the feedback :D When it comes to organizing my home page, how should I organize it?

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Check out:
"How to Customize Your YouTube Channel" on Brian G Johnson's channel.
"How to Change Your Channel Layout - Youtube Update 2016" on David WalshOnline

Reactions: TheDazzlingDan

GoldSnoopy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, so I started my gaming playthrough channel around 2 months ago (Original I know) :p So far I've absolutely loved it! I've met some pretty cool people and I'm really enjoying making videos :)
However, with me being pretty new to Youtube I'm still trying to get as much feedback as I can!

When it comes to my channel, I think my Avatar and Banner look okay. There is a couple things I'm not too sure about though such as:
- Are my videos too long?
- Do I need better thumbnails?
- Do I need to try and edit my videos more?

Thank you very much for any feedback you may give.
Alright so honest advice. I think your channel is overall good. The avatar and banner are fine. I feel that your videos are a bit lengthy, I typically don't watch 30 minute videos unless its a guide or tutorial for something, even then that is a long time. The thumbnails are simple, I like it. Sometimes I feel that content creators will put too much in their thumbnail and it makes it difficult to read. I'm not going to answer that final question since editing videos more is a very broad statement. I would suggest getting a better microphone though, it sounds like your recording audio from the webcam. One more thing I wanted to mention, I'm not sure how many people watch The Long Dark or the other games, you should find a game that both you enjoy and other people want to see and practice SEO (Search Engine Optimization) it will help your videos get higher rankings on the tags. Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh mate, I wish you the best of luck on your channel and it is really good for only 2 months of work, don't let me discourage you, instead let this message encourage you!

Reactions: TheDazzlingDan
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Alright so honest advice. I think your channel is overall good. The avatar and banner are fine. I feel that your videos are a bit lengthy, I typically don't watch 30 minute videos unless its a guide or tutorial for something, even then that is a long time. The thumbnails are simple, I like it. Sometimes I feel that content creators will put too much in their thumbnail and it makes it difficult to read. I'm not going to answer that final question since editing videos more is a very broad statement. I would suggest getting a better microphone though, it sounds like your recording audio from the webcam. One more thing I wanted to mention, I'm not sure how many people watch The Long Dark or the other games, you should find a game that both you enjoy and other people want to see and practice SEO (Search Engine Optimization) it will help your videos get higher rankings on the tags. Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh mate, I wish you the best of luck on your channel and it is really good for only 2 months of work, don't let me discourage you, instead let this message encourage you!
Thankyou very much for the feedback, I really do appreciate it :D No you definitely haven't discouraged me at all again, I appreciate everything you said :D I agree with what you said about 30 minute videos. I do try and keep them as short as I can but sometimes they end up being 30 minutes. I try to aim for about 20-25 minutes videos. The Long Dark is a game that came out recently so it's kinda new which made me think people might want to watch it :D Thank you again fro your feedback I will definitely listen to what you have said.

Reactions: GoldSnoopy

GoldSnoopy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thankyou very much for the feedback, I really do appreciate it :D No you definitely haven't discouraged me at all again, I appreciate everything you said :D I agree with what you said about 30 minute videos. I do try and keep them as short as I can but sometimes they end up being 30 minutes. I try to aim for about 20-25 minutes videos. The Long Dark is a game that came out recently so it's kinda new which made me think people might want to watch it :D Thank you again fro your feedback I will definitely listen to what you have said.
Anytime, it looks like your getting other feedback which is nice, you always want to get different points of views!