Looking for feedback

Cynthia_87

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for feedback on my channel. I am a small Youtuber with only 350 subscribers but have had my channel since 2015. My channel is mainly focused on anxiety/panic attacks but I want to incorporate other things as well. I want to know what am I doing wrong with my channel to have such a small amount of subscribers in 3 years.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know this is a generic reply but have you try makeup or nails and art videos before? While the video and voice quality is fine for me, the background of where you produce your video is distracting. There too much stuff behind. Find a angle where it is facing a blank wall with not too much stuff going on. Could improve your thumbnail to make it more striking as well as your channel art. Can put music background while you at it instead of dead silence. That just my advice :)

Reactions: Cynthia_87

Sammie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You should make a Playlist Call Dealing with Anxiety. Make a story time video like Anxiety in highschool or your worst experience and another video could be tips to deal with anxiety. Some of your videos are already like that so that’s good you just gotta make sure you are putting a lot of hash tags that are related to your content I know a lot of people forget to do that and edit your thumbnails would be the 2nd more important plus what that guy above said.

Ruslana Ness

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi i think that you can try to work with photoshop or PicMonkey to improve your thumbnails, there are so many tutorials on youtube, it will make the thumbnails more clickable

JennyAndAlex

Reaction score
Better thumbnails that pop might help those who are browsing. If you can pop your title/ message better against the background that could get more traction!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Cynthia :) Your channel is very professional. Your videos are well edited and you are great on screen. But I can see straight away why you have not been getting the recognition you deserve for your effort.

Your biggest problem is your lack of SEO. Your tags are okay i guess. But your Titles and description don't work. Until you have a bigger audience at least .. you need to focus your content on what people are searching for. Try not to make a video at all if there is low search demand for it. Youtube will tell you common phrases people look for related to your 'jonra' (<< thats my best spelling without googling .. and frankly the correct spelling of that word is 100% stupid .. sorry to detract :)). All you have to do is play with the search autocomplete. You can also use Google trends, and VidIQ.

Here is example of content you should be making incorporating theses 'anxiety' phrases into the 1.Title 2.description 3.tags 4.spoken narrative (especially near the beginning of your script).
Screenshot 2018-12-27 at 23.04.51.png

Especially try to go for 'How to' titles and content like these examples:
Screenshot 2018-12-27 at 23.05.01.png

See?? Here's some of my own examples using what I've learnt:
"How To OVERCOME ANXIETY in 3 easy steps!!"
"What you need to know about ANXIETY RELEIF..'"
"Best Anxiety RELEIF MUSIC you never knew existed !!"

above I made phrases with very high search demand (IN CAPS) and also with some clickbaity properties such as '3 easy' (numbers work very well for clicks!! And 'Best' .. and leading statement prompting curiosity to click if you noticed etc etc.

You need to pad out your descriptions a lot more with relevant key words and phrases. Whats in your title needs to be repeated in your description (near start), and tags. It also helps if its big and BOLD in your thumbnail too. People don't study your thumbnail- they micro scan them in milliseconds -so cater for a low brow audience. Its easy enough to make your descriptions longer as you can just pad it with your script or part of it that you already wrote anyway for your video.

Put CTAs (subscribe) near start of video too and not just at the end. Also have a subscribe button appear bottom right while your video plays. You can set that up under 'channel' in creator studio.

A name change may be good? Cynthia_87 suggests there are 86 Cynthias that are more important than you which I'm sure is not the case :) lol

best of luck.

Berkeli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hi Cynthia :) Your channel is very professional. Your videos are well edited and you are great on screen. But I can see straight away why you have not been getting the recognition you deserve for your effort.

Your biggest problem is your lack of SEO. Your tags are okay i guess. But your Titles and description don't work. Until you have a bigger audience at least .. you need to focus your content on what people are searching for. Try not to make a video at all if there is low search demand for it. Youtube will tell you common phrases people look for related to your 'jonra' (<< thats my best spelling without googling .. and frankly the correct spelling of that word is 100% stupid .. sorry to detract :)). All you have to do is play with the search autocomplete. You can also use Google trends, and VidIQ.

Here is example of content you should be making incorporating theses 'anxiety' phrases into the 1.Title 2.description 3.tags 4.spoken narrative (especially near the beginning of your script).
View attachment 42675

View attachment 42676

above I made phrases with very high search demand (IN CAPS) and also with some clickbaity properties such as '3 easy' (numbers work very well for clicks!! And 'Best' .. and leading statement prompting curiosity to click if you noticed etc etc.

You need to pad out your descriptions a lot more with relevant key words and phrases. Whats in your title needs to be repeated in your description (near start), and tags. It also helps if its big and BOLD in your thumbnail too. People don't study your thumbnail- they micro scan them in milliseconds -so cater for a low brow audience. Its easy enough to make your descriptions longer as you can just pad it with your script or part of it that you already wrote anyway for your video.

Put CTAs (subscribe) near start of video too and not just at the end. Also have a subscribe button appear bottom right while your video plays. You can set that up under 'channel' in creator studio.

A name change may be good? Cynthia_87 suggests there are 86 Cynthias that are more important than you which I'm sure is not the case :) lol

best of luck.
This is some solid research&advise. I need to hire you to review my channel :D

Cynthia_87

Reaction score

View attachment 42675

View attachment 42676

best of luck.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! you have given the best advice and will definitely be making these changes. I never thought to use the YouTube search engine like that.

Reactions: UhoohExtra