Looking for feedback on my a 1 year project!

Lennart Guitar

Check my weekly guitar vlogs!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Context

Hey guys! To my delight I've been selected for a 1 year talent development traineeship within my company.
It's a desired spot and not easy to get in so I am super proud and happy!! It will be tough because the traineeship will be on top of my normal job. I just had the kick-off and I know that a year from now I will have my final proof. Part of the final proof is my portfolio of the year. It doesn't have a real frame work so it leaves a lot of room for creativity! The portfolio does need to contain failures, tangible results, self reflection and it has to show that I'm proud of the whole year. Like I said, it's up to us how we show it!

Here is what I came up with

My idea is to use the journey of a football team winning the trophy as a metaphor for me finishing the program. Every major result can stand for winning a match and let me progress to the next round in the tournament. So all the results during the year should lead to reaching the final (which is my final proof) and winning that cup! Funny enough we started the traineeship with 11 people (just like a football team) and the name of the traineeship is All Stars:biggrin:.

What I have in mind right now is that I start the video with a football line-up with the 11 trainees and that I zoom in on myself. From there I use the tournament schedule to zoom in on each match and discuss results, failures, etc. I want to do a voice over in the style of a football commentator. The further I get in the tournament the bigger the tention gets. It should all result in lifting that trophy!! The football commentator really takes you on a journey from the start of the tournament to winning the trophy.

It does takes a lot of effort because I have to track my progress consistently. That will be very tough because the traineeship itself is pretty time consuming (meetings, training days, assignments, etc.). Besides that I have my regular job where I have to perform. So I do need to be very consistent. I'm not a good planner and by pulling this of I can really show that I have grown during the year.

What are your thoughts? Any tips, advices, pitfalls?

Let's win that trophy!![DOUBLEPOST=1490477426,1490460514][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm glad you are all as positive as me:D:D:bounce::bounce:

Last edited:

Ralph Mickey

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not a sports person but by what I got out of your story there seems like you are about to overwork yourself.

I would think it may come out better for you if you blog it as being a player on the team and not the commentator. The commentator to me has to be on the outside looking in with an overview of what is going on. Being that, seems like you would miss out on being the player that has to grow into a better player (so to speak).

Going with a player perspective will also allow you to review your footage and see any patterns that are either working for you or against you. Like they do when reviewing old games.

Hope this helps.