Looking For Channel Feedback!

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So six days ago I found out that the site that I used to regularly use for making thumbnails and channel art was now requiring me to pay for a membership and all that, so I switched to using GIMP for my most recent video and it's thumbnail! I also re did my channel art (more specifically my banner) using GIMP and I'm really looking for feedback on both my channel banner art and my most recent videos thumbnail since I just started using GIMP to make that stuff!

If you have any tips or suggestions for how to use GIMP more effectively and make better channel art/thumbnails with it, I would really appreciate it! People weren't kidding that it's like a free photoshop so I kinda wanna know what I can improve on as far as how my thumbnails look using GIMP in comparison to my past thumbnails using Picmonkey!

Fearnbus25

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'll give a bit of my feedback, but understand that this feedback is coming from someone who is by no means good at making thumbnails. From what I can see the most recent thumbnail looks really good and also your youtube banner looks really good too (better then I could ever do... lol). One thing that you could try with your thumbnails to give them a more "flashier" look is putting a cool border around it, I know that a lot of people do that and it does spice up their thumbnails quite a bit, but that is just like a personal preference thing. All in all I can't say a whole lot because I don't think there is anything wrong with your knew channel art and thumbnail. Also, as far as advice on GIMP, I've never used it so I can't really help you there.

I know this wasn't the best feedback but I hope it helped a little

Reactions: Justine

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi,

The only thing that I can say is that the font text on the banner is too close together. :unsure:

So six days ago I found out that the site that I used to regularly use for making thumbnails and channel art was now requiring me to pay for a membership and all that, so I switched to using GIMP for my most recent video and it's thumbnail! I also re did my channel art (more specifically my banner) using GIMP and I'm really looking for feedback on both my channel banner art and my most recent videos thumbnail since I just started using GIMP to make that stuff!

If you have any tips or suggestions for how to use GIMP more effectively and make better channel art/thumbnails with it, I would really appreciate it! People weren't kidding that it's like a free photoshop so I kinda wanna know what I can improve on as far as how my thumbnails look using GIMP in comparison to my past thumbnails using Picmonkey!

Reactions: Samira and Justine

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I

I still use pic monkey and I don't pay, because you have to pay now I print screen the page and paste it on paint, crop out the rest of the page so I am left with the thumbnail I hope this helps...

Reactions: Justine