Looking for budget camera recommendations...

Mxpx222

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m just getting into filming some art projects and hoping for some recommendations….

I’m primarily doing art sculpture time lapse videos at home, so I was looking for something with a quality picture that could record directly to my computer (and external hard drive) so I didn’t have to deal with storage & transferring to record hours of footage at a time. Since I didn’t need it to be portable, I tried the Logitech c920 webcam based off all the positive reviews… while the picture was great, I was unable to shoot videos at higher resolutions without lagging,which after further research and troubleshooting seems to come down to my PC falling below the min. requirements for HD video, which I found listed for the c920 as: i7 2.6ghz 8gb ram w/radeon or geforce graphics card.I also don’t plan on doing much editing to the videos, so I don’t necessarily want to buy a new computer at this exact moment just to be able to run a $50 webcam when it is meeting my other needs otherwise…

Any recommendations for an alternate solution for what I’m looking to accomplish? Camcorder?

• “Budget”

• Capable of HD recording

• Can record directly into computer to store footage

• Able to view monitor when shooting “selfie style” to ensure I’m keeping in frame

• Doesn’t need to be portable
Thanks for reading and for any suggestions!