Looking for advice on What Kind of Camera to Get

Lukerz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hello all!
I'm planning on starting to make a few comedy skits, not unlike the ones ProZD and LongBeachGriffy make. And basically, I'm torn between buying a webcam to make the videos (Since my old webcam tops out at like 240p. XD) or just buying a tripod for my phone and recording on that. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Ricky Alv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your phone is 720p or more use that. If not you should try and get a camera with a little higher quality. At the end of it all though good content surpasses everything. A completely unrelated example to YouTube but that can help explain my point is old video games. Although their graphics aren't the greatest people still go play and love games like Zelda because they are quality video games. Good content beats everything.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with the other person if your camera on your phone is pretty decent why not just use that? ALot of people started out their channel just using their phone first. If its not that great a point and shoot camera thats not that expensive might be good too.

bobspez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I recently purchased and use the Nikon Coolpx B700. I got mine used on ebay in mint condition for $318. This camera records video in 1080P or in 4K. I like to use 4K because you can zoom in on the frame in editing without losing resolution.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My Pixel XL 2 shoots 1080p and has results that should not come from a Phone. I would consider trying phones, since they are getting more and more advanced.

Just beware of the "4K" Cams that you find on Amazon or Best Buy, they are not 4K, only in the size of the frame. They are worse than a good ol' fashion 1080p HD.

SVJ

Reaction score
I am one of those that use my phone camera for my productions. My camera records HD at 1920 by 1080p. So I think you can also start there like me until you can afford a good camera. Sometimes reduction of the video quality come from the editing and exportation. Always mind your sequence selection and your format of exportation.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I started out - I used my iPhone 4 and never had any complaints.
If you dont have the budget for something like a Canon Powershot G7X (Which wins most polls for best camera for use on YouTube) then just look at some of the tripods/add ons etc for your phone.
You can also download recording software to your phone for effects etc.
As for webcam - All you need is the Logitech C920 (Wins polls again). For sound get a Blue Yeti microphone. (Another poll winner).

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
With budget considerations I would definately invest on a few accesories and use your phone. It depends on what phone you have, but considering the quality of some of the phone cameras nowadays this is the best way to get more for your money. I would even consider a phone upgrade if it is within budget and if you have an older smartphone. This can be more manageable with upgrade options available thru cell phone providers.

Also, always buy during during holiday sales to get more for your money.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JayZippo