Looking for advice and examples on channel description.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
this question is about the text that goes in the ABOUT section of the channel page. I really want to make it look professional. And not sure what it should be. What I don't want it to be is to sound like "hey guys this is my life,man" but make it sounds more like what a company would say or at least like. Apresss statement.

Are there any places giving examples of this?

Dribbling Excadrill

I've Got It
Reaction score
Something like this?
Hey guys, I'm gaijillionaire and I enjoy doing x. I am a ___ living in Japan and I bring a unique perspective on living in Japan. I hope you guys enjoy the content and come back for more.

It's a decent baseline at least I think

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Something like this?
Hey guys, I'm gaijillionaire and I enjoy doing x. I am a ___ living in Japan and I bring a unique perspective on living in Japan. I hope you guys enjoy the content and come back for more.

It's a decent baseline at least I think
Thanks . I like that. I will use some of it.

DanDaAussie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Always write a small summary about your channel, maybe introduce yourself, and also maybe include your goals, PC Specs (if you're a gamer), Any links to websites, schedules, and maybe milestones. Add all of these and you should have a solid about section.

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I heard its good to put keywords in the about section for SEO's sake. Keywords are also good in the about section to show people what exactly the channel is about very quickly. Especially if they hover over your thumbnail in comments you've left around youtube(IF you have those around).

Anyways, this is what mine looks like as an example of keywords:
"Mythical monsters, folklore creatures, mythological stories and even random trivia is what I do. Usually in the form of list videos.
Occasionally, other random videos you might want to watch which includes storytelling of Titanic stories and CreepyPasta.
Well, its mostly stuff I myself find interesting. Hope you enjoy them too"

Are there any places giving examples of this?
I don't have any. Sorry.

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Go on 3-4 different popular youtubers copy there description and combine them with your stuff, well that's how I did it :D

ThePythnator

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Just be straightforward and to the point in what you're describing. Too much of a word wall looks complex and overwhelming and might turn some people away.