Animation Looking for a small team of people to work on an animation idea I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello there!

I'm filmmaker! I graduated university in June but have been stuck in jobs that aren't really in my field since... I do however want to start making films in my own time anyways!

I've had an idea for a short animation - it's central theme is creative ruts essentially! And how it feels when you feel like you're the only one that can't think of good ideas and the loneliness, frustration and stress of it, or if you're a quieter person not getting your ideas heard in amongst all the loudness of the world. It is a light hearted animation though with a happy ending (I think at the moment anyway!). The scene that I have in my head atm is that everyone in the world has colourful lightbulbs (representing ideas etc) above their heads as they go about daily life. The main character notices this and is struggling to form his lightbulb and as much as he tries it will never fully form. So it's his quest to kind of earn his lightbulb back! It's a very basic idea atm as I haven't properly thought it through yet, but why I'm asking is that I couldn't achieve it on my own! So if there's any fellow film peeps, especially animators, out there that would like to join up in order to make something like this I'd love to know! Just trying to see if anyone would be interested etc. I'm in the beginning process of trying to write a script for it.

I attached a basic sketch of my idea for the main character.

But yeah guys lemme know!

- Lauren :)

Attachments

Reactions: FraYoshi

KPM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Animator
It sounds interesting. I'm not sure if you are still looking, but I would like to participate. Let me know your thoughts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm going to be 100% honest here. I am an animator, but my work does not seem anywhere near your skill level. I am more than happy to help, though I doubt you'll really want it - ha! The main reason I am commenting is just to say I really love your work so far :D you seem extremely talented and I hope all goes well for you. Seriously I love your stuff - ha :)

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I like the idea :)
I don't have time to really animate for others, but I would love to see it in the end!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm going to be 100% honest here. I am an animator, but my work does not seem anywhere near your skill level. I am more than happy to help, though I doubt you'll really want it - ha! The main reason I am commenting is just to say I really love your work so far :D you seem extremely talented and I hope all goes well for you. Seriously I love your stuff - ha :)

Hi and welcome to YTtalk. :)

This thread is from 2016. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Tip: You can see when a member was last online by clicking on their username above their avatar.

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread (less than 1 month old for collabs is recommended.)

Status
Not open for further replies.