Looking Back At Your Old YT Videos!

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i have always wondered how i would react to my old or first YouTube videos maybe 3 to 5 years from now, i am thinking i would look at it and say to myself and say "damn girl who did your make up, cos you look horrible" or "oh damn you have come a long way, keep doing your thing". What do you guys think your reaction would be?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Looking back at my old videos, I realise how much I have traveled, and longing for more travels, while going back to the places I have been! At the same time, I realise that the time has flown by so fast, realising that it´s soon 3 years I traveled to Africa, and almost three years since I started my youtube channel!

Reactions: dina

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I see cringe, an endless sea of cringe. Even though sometimes I think "Was I really that amusing a while ago?" when I succesfully insert a joke.

Gate of Theories

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mine would be what is the lighting, what is with the editing. I'm glad to see that I have come along way.

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I cringe A LOT at my old videos, I started making videos in February 2010, about 2 months before my 16th birthday, I was a bit of a socially awkward kid, mad at the world and ranting, the production quality of my first few videos was pretty awful, I didn't know how to edit, so my videos were single take, I used to write my rants and print them in large letters, and have my mum behind the camera holding the pages, in one video you can see me snapping my fingers with an angry look on my face when she zoned out and didn't change the page on time :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

By Christmas 2010 I had put on some weight, I did a series called the Twelve days of Christmas, each video opened with me singing a verse of the song, and going on to explain what the significance of the items in the verse was (three French hens etc.). The singing was terrible and I was overweight, this series is by far the cringiest bunch of videos I ever made, I struggle to watch these nowadays, but I leave them up because I believe our worst videos show where we've come from, and how we've improved.

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Honestly, I've come a pretty long way! I've deleted a lot of my older videos (back when I was editing on Windows Movie Maker) but I still had a few saved on a USB and holy cow, theres a lot of growth between now and I think two years ago. I've managed to be a lot more straight forward and just open where as before I was super quiet and really just trying to say stuff I thought other people would think is funny instead of just being myself. I mean, I cringe looking at videos I made a few months ago but those old video really take the cake lmao

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I've come a pretty long way! I've deleted a lot of my older videos (back when I was editing on Windows Movie Maker) but I still had a few saved on a USB and holy cow, theres a lot of growth between now and I think two years ago. I've managed to be a lot more straight forward and just open where as before I was super quiet and really just trying to say stuff I thought other people would think is funny instead of just being myself. I mean, I cringe looking at videos I made a few months ago but those old video really take the cake lmao
Lml I feel you lol

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I've come a long way since my first voiced video back in 2011.
I was so shy and barely talked at all, and it was all very unenthusiastic lol