Longest Video Ever!

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I just shot my longest video ever by more than double. It's on time management! lol

I was scripting it and got pretty excited about it, so I decided to just go ahead and shoot it. I normally keep things pretty simple and to the point, so I really surprised myself. Maybe I'm finally getting a little more comfortable speaking on camera.

How's everyone else doing tonight?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations! I've found that livestreaming has helped me become ever more comfortable with long-form videos. Generally, my videos are super-short, so I like the chance to talk for 30-60 minutes at a time without having to worry about whether I'm doing things perfectly or not.

Reactions: Roman Ryder

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
Congratulations! I've found that livestreaming has helped me become ever more comfortable with long-form videos. Generally, my videos are super-short, so I like the chance to talk for 30-60 minutes at a time without having to worry about whether I'm doing things perfectly or not.
I've been wanting to go live, but I have a hairline crack over my selfie camera. I think I'm going to upgrade soon, but still debating between sticking to a Galaxy or going back to iPhone (with the intention of getting a Mac at some point).

I did go live once on Instagram and share it to Stories. I was wearing a Batman mask and it was a behind the scenes look at the video I was shooting. I hate editing photos, so that may be the only way I'll get an Instagram following.[DOUBLEPOST=1500594408,1500594391][/DOUBLEPOST]
I made a 24hr long video once. Longest I try to make now is around 10 mins.
That is crazy!!!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's great congratulations! All my videos have a different time, some are 2-3 minutes some are 12 minutes long in the very some are five minutes. In the beginning I made a video 45 seconds long sometimes I do short skits around a minute long not often do I do that, it just really depends on the video!

Reactions: Roman Ryder

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I made a 24hr long video once. Longest I try to make now is around 10 mins.
Seriously?
What's the average watch time on that video? Do you know if anybody has ever watched it all the way through?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Seriously?
What's the average watch time on that video? Do you know if anybody has ever watched it all the way through?
Its long gone now but it was a loop of rain forest noises. My wife listens to rain noises etc to help her sleep so I thought I would create a channel/make some videos but I got bored with it so the channel no longer exists.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Livestreaming has a limit of what duration of the video will be archived for later view. I think it's around 8 hours (the last time I did 9 hour stream, around 8 hours were available later), so there are limitations. I think the limitation is related to YouTube's file size limit, which is 128 GB, i.e. if your stream is of good quality/high frame rate, you can't make it very long. But anyway 128 GB is pretty big size, if you do a video with 2.5 Mbs that's almost 114 hours.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Livestreaming has a limit of what duration of the video will be archived for later view. I think it's around 8 hours (the last time I did 9 hour stream, around 8 hours were available later), so there are limitations. I think the limitation is related to YouTube's file size limit, which is 128 GB, i.e. if your stream is of good quality/high frame rate, you can't make it very long. But anyway 128 GB is pretty big size, if you do a video with 2.5 Mbs that's almost 114 hours.
Sometimes I wonder how YouTube has space for all of our videos.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes I wonder how YouTube has space for all of our videos.
Well, Google is second most valuable brand in the world and they have LOTS of data centers around the globe. Additionally, disk space is cheap now and getting even cheaper. Three weeks ago I bought a brand new 6TB hard drive for my wife for less than 170 EUR. For enterprise customers the prices are even cheaper. Practically, I wouldn't worry about YouTube/Google running out of space anytime soon. If Facebook can store all that garbage they receive daily (even if they employ some smart RAID technologies that allow them to keep less than 1 backup copy), then YouTube can as well.

What I have'noticed before is that less watched videos load slower, than trending videos. It's because the unpopular videos are kept on some secondary datacenter buried somewhere, while popular videos load immediately because they have several copies and the closest/fastest to you data center deliver it immediately.