Long VS Short Videos?

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks man. I never thought about just cutting up a long video and putting that out.[DOUBLEPOST=1484521505,1484521482][/DOUBLEPOST]Any advice on gaming content?
No problem dude. As for gaming, I dont really watch it, but when I watch it, if there is nothing relevant happening for like 5 seconds Im out lol, Im super picky about gaming and vlog videos :D

Play games that are VERY popular, or VERY interesting, or VERY new.
Zoo tycon, as fun as it was years ago, doesnt fall under any of these. Overwatch falls under all three. And EVEN THEN, there has to be action all the time. And commentary has to have good quality. Cursing every other second wont cut it, nor are boring comments going to.

No sugarcoating with me lol

Reactions: Wiggly Cinema

Wiggly Cinema

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem dude. As for gaming, I dont really watch it, but when I watch it, if there is nothing relevant happening for like 5 seconds Im out lol, Im super picky about gaming and vlog videos :D

Play games that are VERY popular, or VERY interesting, or VERY new.
Zoo tycon, as fun as it was years ago, doesnt fall under any of these. Overwatch falls under all three. And EVEN THEN, there has to be action all the time. And commentary has to have good quality. Cursing every other second wont cut it, nor are boring comments going to.

No sugarcoating with me lol
Yea I appreciate that. Lol. It's a funny quinscidence too because I had just recorded a good game of Overwatch (19-3) not too long ago. I aslo have a Blue Snowball Ice which is a very good mic. I thought about doing a commentary over why I started YouTube. What do you think?

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yea I appreciate that. Lol. It's a funny quinscidence too because I had just recorded a good game of Overwatch (19-3) not too long ago. I aslo have a Blue Snowball Ice which is a very good mic. I thought about doing a commentary over why I started YouTube. What do you think?
Yeah for sure, whatever you think will be interesting to other people.
Always try and figure out what is going to be both interesting for you yo say and for others to hear. :)

Wiggly Cinema

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah for sure, whatever you think will be interesting to other people.
Always try and figure out what is going to be both interesting for you yo say and for others to hear. :)
Yea I think I'm gonna do that and be enthusiastic cuz I'm excited about it. P.S I watched one of your videos and it was great.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yea I think I'm gonna do that and be enthusiastic cuz I'm excited about it. P.S I watched one of your videos and it was great.
Good luck! Looking forward to seeing them!
And thanks, I appreciate that!

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Definitely don't do that! I think it's really off-putting to see videos that are too long! I think short and sweet is better than longer but full of boring fillers.

TheMileHighFiveClub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I read an article not too long ago about the ideal duration for videos on each social media platform. Youtube clocked in with 3-4 minutes being the ideal length. Obviously if you have followers that want more of you, or your content is really entertaining then it doesnt matter so much, but they're the stats for average viewership on youtube.