Long video yes or no?

Bear1k

Reaction score
The length depends completely on the context of the message you're delivering. If you're passionate enough about the subject I would absolutely listen for 29 minutes and longer.
It comes down to what you've to say - what are you trying to tell the world?

Let us know your progress.

Reactions: Fost

Bear1k

Reaction score
The length depends completely on the context of the message you're delivering. If you're passionate enough about the subject I would absolutely listen for 29 minutes and longer.
It comes down to what you've to say - what are you trying to tell the world?

Let us know your progress.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I have less than 200 subscribers. Most of my videos are between 15-30 minutes in length. I currently have a video on my channel that is 2:53:05 in length, and in terms of watch minutes, it is not only the most successful video on my entire channel, but it completely leaves every other video in the dust, trumping even my 2nd place video by more than 4.2 times as many minutes.

So at least in my experience, longer videos are better.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Content vs Views I pick content. But don't confuse Content with dead air(stuff that just purely didn't need to be there)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think especially starting out unless you have a lot of experience with video editing production ect the shorter the better, as you learn more on how to keep your audiances attention you can play a bit with longer video's as general advice. I didn't look at your channel content type ect. in general Id say make your video's no longer than they absolutely need to be. I cut a ton of time out of every one of my video's before it ever goes to youtube.

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I'm bumping this thread to see what people are doing these days. My last few hiking/trail running videos have been on the short side (2-5 minutes) but several of my most watched are in the 8-10 minute range. I don't worry about the length too much - the videos end up being whatever length they are. I certainly try to keep them under 10 minutes though.