[long thread] I like my channel but i cant get viewers/subs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, so, ive been running my channel over a year now, and i saw no improvements, just 1-2 subscribers, i dont even know now, because i was an idiot and botted my channel with 105 fake subs, just from that, i have a feeling youtube blacklisted my channel in searches or something alike.

And i was searching for channels similar to mine and they got like 30-40k subs in 8 months with only music mixes from 1 genre. And i thought i could appeal to more people since i do mixes of many music genres. I dont get it how they have so many viewers and subs but whatever

But i noticed something else, i think its more often a person search for a song rather a music mix, since probably no one will hear a music mix of musics they never heard. I can use musics from nocopyrightsounds but on. Title i cant state every song is on the mix obviously. So people will never see my videos because they dont want to hear music they dont know. Because it will show on title "genre music mix #" not showing people which musics are inside the video, so they wont view it because they dont know

At this point im undecided if i should create a new channel with only 1 song for each video instead of music mixes. But again i see music mixes getting too much subs and views.
Also i dont feel like putting so much effort since i already tried on this channel

Sorry for the extremely long thread, but im needing some advice here. Thank you for reading it

Reactions: Marcello Riviera

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you tried promoting on reddit? Find a subreddit that your video will fit into and that should get you some views and maybe a few subs. Try to get people to share your vids if you can. If that doesnt work you can always start a new channel and erase those bot subs. Good luck.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You have a decent amount of views unless they are also fake? I have around 100k views and 145 subscribers. Maybe around 10k views are paid. Subscribers I never paid. So maybe you can just continue for few months and see what will happen. Try to use more tags, fill all 500 characters. Promote your videos on some other platforms like Instagram, fb, etc.

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you tried promoting on reddit? Find a subreddit that your video will fit into and that should get you some views and maybe a few subs. Try to get people to share your vids if you can. If that doesnt work you can always start a new channel and erase those bot subs. Good luck.
Yes, i tried to post on reddit some google,facebook groups, i saw no difference to be honest

You have a decent amount of views unless they are also fake? I have around 100k views and 145 subscribers. Maybe around 10k views are paid. Subscribers I never paid. So maybe you can just continue for few months and see what will happen. Try to use more tags, fill all 500 characters. Promote your videos on some other platforms like Instagram, fb, etc.

my average views are like 9-10. i've been trying not to bot recently, just to see how much people actually see my videos.
but yeah i've been trying to advertise on facebook,google,reddit but didn't saw any difference. I've now made a soundcloud page.
maybe it can change something i dont know.

do you know where can i find good seo tags?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
the reason you're not getting views is quite simple, how will people find your music on youtube? put yourself in their shoes. no one is typing into a search "HearingMind - Pop Music Mix"

you HAVE to title your videos so people will actually find them, youtube doesn't work by magic, make your titles something actually search for, find those popular videos and title yours something similar, you also have to add those important search terms to your description too and your tags.

i wrote a guide on youtube on this forum in the SEO section, you should give it a read

your also comparing yourself to channels that are WAYYYYY above the average growth, thats like me comparing myself to pewdiepie, it feels like you're expecting a little too much

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see you are posting consistently good video quality....your main problem getting those initial views is exactly what "Loki Doki" explained above...and yes his guide is informative.

I wrote one similar on this forum, but his is more detailed with images to help you get the general picture. However, in my guide I narrowed it down to just how to find those keyphrases "Loki Doki" mentioned in his guide.

You can also check it out here (yttalk. com/threads/video-seo-how-i-rank-my-videos-on-youtube.256719/#post-2174373) if you are interested.

Reactions: RTT and Loki Doki
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got 15 subs in my first 2 days, and i got 148 views on my first vid. Now what? Should I post another music video or try and grow subs somehow? And how?

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see you are posting consistently good video quality....your main problem getting those initial views is exactly what "Loki Doki" explained above...and yes his guide is informative.

I wrote one similar on this forum, but his is more detailed with images to help you get the general picture. However, in my guide I narrowed it down to just how to find those keyphrases "Loki Doki" mentioned in his guide.

You can also check it out here (yttalk. com/threads/video-seo-how-i-rank-my-videos-on-youtube.256719/#post-2174373) if you are interested.
yes i've been trying tubebuddy for a while now, but i didn't see any difference.
i make sure my tags are also marked as 'good' in tubebuddy and a long description just in case.
but with such low views i cannot even appear in youtube search

also most of my viewers are spammers, that advertise their channel or ask for sub back ...

plus. this week i did a livestream and literally no one watched
i had good ammount of tags and a different title 'Best dubstep/trap for 48h'

Last edited:

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
probably music channels are the hardest to grow. not sure.
still looking for some tips. much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.