Long form Game Streams on YouTube or no?

XTREEMMAK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So I've been back and fourth with this issue for a while. I've decided against doing it on my channel atm but now I wonder if I should reconsider.

I have a few game streams that are archived on my channel. I decided against deleting them entirely because they do count towards my total views. They are however completely RAW and not edited. What I gathered for other people is that its usually best to reserve YouTube for edited content, and leave stuff like raw streams on Twitch and such.

Is it a good idea to publish these streams as they are or should I really edit them down and publish again under its own playlist, the later obviously taking more time?

Sickly Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe if its possible to upload both edited videos and streams, you should.i was at that same predicament but as i've decided to stream my channel has just started growing and i still upload edited videos. So consider both.

XTREEMMAK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Fair compromise imo. I honestly dont see anything wrong with uploading both a "highlight reel" of sorts, and the long form version as an option. I'm just not sure how well the later would be perceived, or if it has any value outside to any viewers.

I guess if I saw more examples of other YouTubers doing this approach as well, I'd probably be convinced, but I'm leaning towards just doing it...I mean it's not like its not already on the servers :confused: lol

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I do it in a different genre. I brand the streams as “the daily creative” and give them their own playlist.

Reactions: XTREEMMAK

XTREEMMAK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I see what you did there. Nice stuff btw :)
Hit you with a sub.