Logan Paul is making a documentary about suicide forest

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

YouTube vlogger Logan Paul is making a documentary about his life and the year since his controversial Aokigahara ‘suicide forest’ video attracted significant backlash.

In a 20-minute July 4, 2018 post, the YouTube vlogger revealed that he is making a film about what’s happened to him in the past year, as well as exploring his upbringing.

The 23-year-old said: ‘I’m actually filming a documentary about everything that’s happened this year, all the stuff that went down in January, where I was at in my life and kind of the psyche of what actually happened.’

The new documentary, clips of which were shown in Paul’s latest vlog, will, as the vlogger said, deal with the fallout from this ‘stuff that went down in January’, but also delve into Paul’s background and childhood.

However, as Polygon points out, YouTube documentaries are becoming more and more prevalent, allowing YouTube celebrities to not only grow their audiences and project a more introspective and thoughtful persona, but also to control the narrative, avoiding external criticism and dealing with issues of the creator’s choosing only.

The outlet points out that fellow YouTuber KSI—who is actually scheduled to fight Logan Paul in Manchester in August in an amateur boxing fight—is also making a documentary.

Focusing on KSI’s interest in boxing and sports, it will be released two weeks before the big fight.

Source video:

Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5937499/YouTube-Logan-Paul-making-documentary-suicide-forest-video-controversy.html

Honestly, it sounds like he's continuing to milk this for all he can. The reason the suicide video was "controversial" was that he was making money and getting famous on the back of other people's misery. So now he's making another video about the whole thing?!!! Is this guy for real?!

Last edited:
Reactions: videoeditgr

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
However, as Polygon points out, YouTube documentaries are becoming more and more prevalent, allowing YouTube celebrities to not only grow their audiences and project a more introspective and thoughtful persona, but also to control the narrative, avoiding external criticism and dealing with issues of the creator’s choosing only.
Yep, totally sounds like a PR maneuver for me too.
Honestly, it sounds like he's continuing to milk this for all he can.
Same here.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I’m so confused as to why he still has such a large follower basis. And this documentary only, as everyone else is saying, looks like another way for him to make money off of everything that’s happened.

Maybe I would feel better if he plans to donate all the money from the documentary to suicide prevention programs and organizations? Maybe. I’m still a bit iffy from what all he did and I suppose it’s a time will tell situation. For now though, I’ll continue to not plan on watching or purchasing any of his content.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Isn’t a v-log a documentary anyway? I don’t really hate this guy, or anyone. Just hate his fame for being such a moron

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wow...Talk about kicking up the past... I wish we could put that whole ordeal to rest. I'm sure the family of the person who committed suicide doesn't want to hear any more about it. :(

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I wonder how the next generation of adults will be with role models like this...

Reactions: Crown