LOCKED - YouTube revoke my approved ad friendly video without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenkailX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So basically my video got revoke from it's ad friendly status to the yellow symbol within the same day. I have no idea why it was revoke and there is no way for me to request a review even though it was confirm to be approve manually before hand. It was green for hours now but suddenly turn yellow with no email explaining why. The video is heavily censored to the point I have to censored the blood part of the video. The video is basically a comic dub video. I'm not really sure this is a glitch or YouTube is basically have the power to revoke your ad friendly status when they feel like it.

Does anyone have this problem before?. I already sent an email to YouTube and I hope they response asap.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Video Monetization / Partnership discussion forum. ^_^

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You are not alone.

Same thing happened to me this morning for a video that's been up for a week or more and has had 2000 hits.

It's a show and tell video about secondhand metal work measuring equipment I've bought cheap over the years.

Nothing illegal in video description, no links, no profanity, absolutely no reason to get the yellow gong.

So I've asked for a manual review.

Had this happen a year or so ago as well and the manual review got it re-instated.

YT bots seem to be jumping at shadows these days.

Cheers Rob[DOUBLEPOST=1503648881,1503634806][/DOUBLEPOST]All good. YT has re-instated my monetisation within three or four hours of requesting a manual review.

So the process works OK.

Cheers Rob

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Two of my videos which are reviews of LEGO sets were handed the yellow warning symbol in the past five days. It's obviously an automated process looking for words in title, description or words spoken in the video. Both of my videos are about star wars battles, so there's probably mention of blasters, explosions or whatever.

I've appealed and one got changed back to green. I suggest you do the same. There's a review option, but it will say you need a 1000 views on the video before they will manually review it. I don't, but they still reviewed one.

This is so obviously a move meant to give comfort to the big advertisers that their ads will not show on ANY video which might be dodgy.

Its like YouTube doing the health inspector thing of shutting down all restaurants in a chain once one cockroach was found. It's good PR.

I suspect they'll relax the banning process a little once they've seen the results to tweak. (hopefully)

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I doubt they will relax it. They obviously have less adverts to go around, so they will put more into original content channels that work so hard and deserve it.

Any move to go back to the bad old days will be retrograde and upset advertisers confidence. It's long overdue.

Me? I think it's great that these sponging parasite channels have have their revenue eliminated.

Reactions: Crown

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
I doubt they will relax it. They obviously have less adverts to go around, so they will put more into original content channels that work so hard and deserve it.

Any move to go back to the bad old days will be retrograde and upset advertisers confidence. It's long overdue.

Me? I think it's great that these sponging parasite channels have have their revenue eliminated.
I don't disagree that "sponging parasite" channels should be dealt with, but this is a shotgun approach that affects small original content creators like myself.

So this process is not perfect, and isn't achieving exactly the stated objectives. I hope they can get it right.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You think this is heavy handed ?

Listen, I had a full server load of web pages marked with the dreaded "This site may harm your computer" message because Adsense/Google suspected the pages may be infected with malware.

They weren't, but as I didn't manage the server I had to move everything to another one, lost all my Google top of the list search rankings, and all Adsense revenue went out the window as no one could find my pages any more.

Am I p****d off ? Sure thing, but when you get $$$ for nothing, where as before you got nothing for your work, you can't complain. So you just start again.

Unfortunately given the scale of the filtering, examination process, Bots are the only way to do this and aren't infallible.

At least YT has a manual review process that is reasonably easy to use.

Better get used to it as this is here to stay.

Cheers Rob

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
You definitely come across as unhappy with things but I can empathise with you because I've fallen foul of Google heavy handed stuff myself with advertising years ago, and it wasn't fair or nice.

This isn't heavy - handed by comparison at all. And you're right it's here to stay without doubt. I was just saying I hope they get the process right and it makes things fairer for all while achieving their stated objectives of clearing out undesirable channels and content.

I'm sure they will. In the meantime, it's going to get a bunch of false positives but I'm sure there isn't any other way. :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The video is heavily censored to the point I have to censored the blood part of the video.
If a video needs to be heavily censored then the video topic is obviously not kid-friendly. I've just watched your video. Just pixelating the blood doesn't change a thing. The content is really inappropriate and clearly not kid-friendly.

It's common sense. If you were an advertiser with a budget to spend, would you want to pay to have your products, services and brand appearing alongside content like that? I wouldn't and I wouldn't want my kids watching it either.

The message clearly states that their decision has been "confirmed by manual review." That's telling you they've made their decision.

Remjp

Reaction score
About
If a video needs to be heavily censored then the video topic is obviously not kid-friendly. I've just watched your video. Just pixelating the blood doesn't change a thing. The content is really inappropriate and clearly not kid-friendly.

It's common sense. If you were an advertiser with a budget to spend, would you want to pay to have your products, services and brand appearing alongside content like that? I wouldn't and I wouldn't want my kids watching it either.

The message clearly states that their decision has been "confirmed by manual review." That's telling you they've made their decision.
Interesting thing, somehow one of my friend's video which was marked as "confirmed by manual review" after requesting for review suddenly turned on back to green in couple next days without any reason.
I think Youtube is trying to limit many videos as possible they can to make sure ads placed on right place, no matter if video has friendly titles or tags.
But in my opinion, the new change might ruin partner's revenue because it required 1000 views to be able to be accepted for a review and it takes a couple days, and we all know that a video gets most of views within 24 hours after being uploaded. So during this time, no revenue for partner even after then their video get back to green. I think it would be better if Youtube accept to review while video is unlisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.