LOCKED - What would cause such a drastic Drop in Estimated Revenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think I have the link, but how do I post on here as it says can't post link?

ericshift1

Reaction score
I've heard that theory

And my question was/is, what occasions 'invalid clicks' for an upload I never bought views for?

Every other parameter screams real views from geographical distribution to average watch time,to like,dislikes and ev n comments.

And what about YouTube Red?

More importantly,I've never received a community guideline strike,all I had closest to that was age restriction of a video I uploaded in 2016[DOUBLEPOST=1515610991,1515549932][/DOUBLEPOST]I received their standard copy+paste response;

Hello Xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting YouTube Creator Support. I hope you're having a good day.

I understand that you are concerned about your earnings. I know this is complicated, so let me clarify.

Advertising revenue is based on a number of different factors and may not be directly correlated to video views, and not all views are equal in terms of revenue. These factors include advertiser bidding, advertising availability, and advertiser demand for your videos.

Also, remember that advertising is seasonal. For example during the holiday season some creators may see an uptick in revenue due to increased investment in advertising; early in the year tend to be lighter months. We've also noticed that when times are lean, businesses cut their marketing budgets.

Revenue also depends on the ad formats that run on your videos. Different formats have different CPMs, which you can think of as a price. Because advertisers pay different prices for different ads, you’ll earn different amounts depending on which ads run on your videos.

Your total revenue depends on several things, including which ad format appears, what the advertiser paid, and the amount of times your video was viewed.

In addition, a viewer’s geographic location will impact your revenue.

In the beginning, it’ll be a little tricky to gauge what your monthly payment will be. Keep in mind that an advertiser has to be interested in advertising on your content, and it may take time to build interest.

To do a deep dive of your revenue performance, take a look into your YouTube Analytics. This will help you gain insights into the different factors that influence your revenue in particular. The viewers country location, as well as the different traffic sources might have an impact on your numbers.

Other than that, I encourage you to keep up the great work. Engaging viewers with quality content makes them watch more, which often leads to more views, which in turn can lead to more earnings.

On the other hand, at the end of the month, adjustments are made to the estimated earnings data in your Youtube Analytics Report to determine the finalized earnings. You can find finalized YouTube earnings within your AdSense payment history. To learn more, please visit our help article on earnings

Until the amount is posted to the AdSense account, any amount you see is just an estimate.

I hope this helps clarify things. Please contact us back if you have other concerns.

Regards,
Cecile

Google YouTube Team
Creator support can't explain it any further. Nobody can sadly, the invalid activity was most likely not caused by you, and could of been a competitor trying to get you in trouble, or a company trying to hide their invalid traffic by giving it to many non customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.