LOCKED - What would cause such a drastic Drop in Estimated Revenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Minutes watched mean nothing in regards to revenue.

I don't know... I still maintain that your EMP are way way way too high. Your numbers are way far off from the norm in so many places. Also, December is the best month of the year for youtubers so I don't know what the heck happened to you.

Can you show a total views and total EMP / CPM for your channel (not specific video) for both Nov & Dec?[DOUBLEPOST=1515990236,1515990007][/DOUBLEPOST]Why did you lose 800,000 views in one day?

Kenyanese

Reaction score
Minutes watched mean nothing in regards to revenue.
I agree minutes mean nothing but if you followed the screenshots I shared from the start of this thread, I indicated that as per the Analytics, this particular video had zero monetized playback for Dec. For a fully monetized video with 367K views and 5 million minutes watch time, this is impossible. Somebody out of the 367K must have interacted with some ad somewhere inside the 5 million minutes.
I don't know... I still maintain that your EMP are way way way too high. Your numbers are way far off from the norm in so many places. Also, December is the best month of the year for youtubers so I don't know what the heck happened to you.

Can you show a total views and total EMP / CPM for your channel (not specific video) for both Nov & Dec?

[DOUBLEPOST=1515990679,1515990478][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why did you lose 800,000 views in one day?
I don’t understand

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just as it is impossible for a video with 77K views to have 80K EMP. again, which is why I think they over did it in november and then took it away from you in december to fix their mistake. or some views were fake or something. Not sure why your socialblade has so many negative views.[DOUBLEPOST=1515990977,1515990942][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree minutes mean nothing but if you followed the screenshots I shared from the start of this thread, I indicated that as per the Analytics, this particular video had zero monetized playback for Dec. For a fully monetized video with 367K views and 5 million minutes watch time, this is impossible. Somebody out of the 367K must have interacted with some ad somewhere inside the 5 million minutes.

[DOUBLEPOST=1515990679,1515990478][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don’t understand
have you checked your socialblade? you dropped 800,000 views in one day.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
just as it is impossible for a video with 77K views to have 80K EMP. again, which is why I think they over did it in november and then took it away from you in december to fix their mistake. or some views were fake or something.
I think impossible is a wrong word. I’ve just shared another video from Nov with 33K EMP out of 37K views. 89%. You’ve never heard of that because of the nature of your specialty; short videos. I’ve given my opinion on that; multiple ads plus rewinding/captivating content....

Please note I never bought views or clicks. Everything there was natural. What parameter of the Analytics would strongly suggest fake views? Ask for that and I will gladly share.

About the error correction, that’s plausible. I’ve written out to them and they assured me they are checking on it,but sadly,$605 has been finalized so I’m unlikely to get my lost income this month if at all there was an error. What I don’t buy about the ‘error theory’ is why/how it only affected one video. I favor ‘invalid clicks theory’, Nov income was ok but Dec wasn’t because of fake traffic. But why not give me a community guideline strike or something,and why retain Youtube Red earnings?

Not sure why your socialblade has so many negative views.

have you checked your socialblade? you dropped 800,000 views in one day.
I had a copyright strike on 29th,my third one and I nearly lost my channel. I reacted by sending all of my 230 videos private or unlisted as I worked to save it. Since then I have been returning some public and I think that’s why Socialblade is throwing out wild figures. I read here on some comments that this is a likely cause.

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
believe me, it's next to impossible. ads don't even show up on every video and then hardly anyone every interacts with the ad. point blank. and of course I know more than just my own channel.... ask any other youtuber. They would laugh at that being plausible in the slightest. Just search for videos of people explaining it and ask other youtubers with substantial views. Don't take my word for it, I'm still very small. But there is no way your channel is the only channel that managed to get everyone to click on an ad multiple times. It's just not possible. Sorry.

I'm not saying you had anything to do with fake views or that there are fake views on there at all. If there are fake views on your channel, someone else could have done it...it's happened. I don't think your views are fake as when compared to my channel and a video with similar views, our interactions (thumbs ups/downs, comments) are very similar.

I see you are only open to your one theory (that doesn't make sense) so nothing else I could say would change anything. I hope you keep us updated with what happens. If YouTube says they are in the wrong some how and they say they owe you money, I'm sure they would add to your next check.[DOUBLEPOST=1515993443,1515993261][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I went to your JayZ video...I watched two ads then went back and those ads disappeared so you can't re-watch over and over. Also, both ads were ads I could do away with (skip or click off) which is what most would do.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
believe me, it's next to impossible. ads don't even show up on every video and then hardly anyone every interacts with the ad. point blank. and of course I know more than just my own channel.... ask any other youtuber. They would laugh at that being plausible in the slightest. Just search for videos of people explaining it and ask other youtubers with substantial views. Don't take my word for it, I'm still very small. But there is no way your channel is the only channel that managed to get everyone to click on an ad multiple times. It's just not possible. Sorry.

I'm not saying you had anything to do with fake views or that there are fake views on there at all. If there are fake views on your channel, someone else could have done it...it's happened. I don't think your views are fake as when compared to my channel and a video with similar views, our interactions (thumbs ups/downs, comments) are very similar.

I see you are only open to your one theory (that doesn't make sense) so nothing else I could say would change anything. I hope you keep us updated with what happens. If YouTube says they are in the wrong some how and they say they owe you money, I'm sure they would add to your next check.
Let’s work with the error theory.
1. The video has 444K views
2. 95% of this,or 414K views came in between 29th Nov and 3rd Dec
3. CPM for Nov for the video is $8.35. Thanksgiving was on 30th so I’d expect holiday shopping to persist the next few days so let’s say the video had $8.35 over these 5 days.
4. Of the 414K views, let’s assume EMP was 50%. I have enough videos with this so contrary to your assertion,this is a reasonable assumption.

Estimated Youtube revenue would be (414/2 )*$8.35, or $1,728.
My earnings at 55% would be $950.

But presently my estimated earnings over the same period from this video is $621

Makes this theory flawed

Note I’m not opposed to any plausible explanation, but I’m entitled to critique it. Don’t take offense if I say you don’t make sense[DOUBLEPOST=1515994955,1515994284][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, I went to your JayZ video...I watched two ads then went back and those ads disappeared so you can't re-watch over and over. Also, both ads were ads I could do away with (skip or click off) which is what most would do.
That was my opinion, and I never put it as anything else. So if not rewinds,which we need confirmation,then it’s multiple ads.

Question is whether EMP is affected by the number of ads a viewer interacts with during a single view. It may or may not, but I lean towards it being affected. How else would you be compensated? If a viewer watches two ads during one view like you just did, Google earns from both advertisers for the two impressions

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no offense taken.

The theory of an error is not flawed. You have entered a 50% EMP that you made up out of your head which then made it seem as though the theory is wrong. what if your EMP was 30%? or 70%? You have no idea so you can't state that the error theory is wrong based on made up mathematics. You have no other theory to go on... If not an error, what do you think happened? All I can say is what I see from whichever screenshots you choose to show me and what stands out to me is extremely high EMPs. So that's all I can come up with. What do you think it is?[DOUBLEPOST=1515995454,1515995269][/DOUBLEPOST]
Let’s work with the error theory.
1. The video has 444K views
2. 95% of this,or 414K views came in between 29th Nov and 3rd Dec
3. CPM for Nov for the video is $8.35. Thanksgiving was on 30th so I’d expect holiday shopping to persist the next few days so let’s say the video had $8.35 over these 5 days.
4. Of the 414K views, let’s assume EMP was 50%. I have enough videos with this so contrary to your assertion,this is a reasonable assumption.

Estimated Youtube revenue would be (414/2 )*$8.35, or $1,728.
My earnings at 55% would be $950.

But presently my estimated earnings over the same period from this video is $621

Makes this theory flawed

Note I’m not opposed to any plausible explanation, but I’m entitled to critique it. Don’t take offense if I say you don’t make sense[DOUBLEPOST=1515994955,1515994284][/DOUBLEPOST]
That was my opinion, and I never put it as anything else. So if not rewinds,which we need confirmation,then it’s multiple ads.

Question is whether EMP is affected by the number of ads a viewer interacts with during a single view. It may or may not, but I lean towards it being affected. How else would you be compensated? If a viewer watches two ads during one view like you just did, Google earns from both advertisers for the two impressions

of course the EMP is affected by the number of ads a viewer interacts with during a single view. If you have 10 ads in one video and the person interacts with all 10 ads, you get paid for all 10 of those ads.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
no offense taken.

The theory of an error is not flawed. You have entered a 50% EMP that you made up out of your head which then made it seem as though the theory is wrong. what if your EMP was 30%? or 70%? You have no idea so you can't state that the error theory is wrong based on made up mathematics. You have no other theory to go on... If not an error, what do you think happened? All I can say is what I see from whichever screenshots you choose to show me and what stands out to me is extremely high EMPs. So that's all I can come up with. What do you think it is?
50% is reasonable given I have had multiple videos with over 50%. I shared another with 89%. You on the other hand are stuck at 10-20% out of your short video experience.

The other reason why the theory is deeply flawed is because Youtube have yet to revise these figures on the Analytics.

My November finalized earnings is exactly as per the Analytics estimates
My Dec finalized earnings is exactly as per the current Analytics estimates

So it’s reasonable to conclude that once you receive your finalized earnings, they will be mirrored by Analytics. Don’t you think it’d be a source of chaos if finalized earnings differed significantly from Analytics estimates?

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
50% is reasonable given I have had multiple videos with over 50%. I shared another with 89%. You on the other hand are stuck at 10-20% out of your short video experience.

The other reason why the theory is deeply flawed is because Youtube have yet to revise these figures on the Analytics.

My November finalized earnings is exactly as per the Analytics estimates
My Dec finalized earnings is exactly as per the current Analytics estimates

So it’s reasonable to conclude that once you receive your finalized earnings, they will be mirrored by Analytics. Don’t you think it’d be a source of chaos if finalized earnings differed significantly from Analytics estimates?
Are you Kenyan or Nigerian?

Kenyanese

Reaction score
of course the EMP is affected by the number of ads a viewer interacts with during a single view. If you have 10 ads in one video and the person interacts with all 10 ads, you get paid for all 10 of those ads.
If you agree EMP is affected by the number of ads watched in a video, then you shouldn’t have a problem believing that EMP can be greater than Views

Here’s how I spaced the ads

77K guys watched, 82K ads were viewed
[DOUBLEPOST=1515996294,1515996151][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you Kenyan or Nigerian?
Kenyan
Kenyanese is not an English word, but suffix -ese points to some nationality elsewhere such as Japanese,Chinese,Burmese....so I grabbed it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.