LOCKED - What are the requirements for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeful327

Reaction score
Videos to be monetized?

I know they must not be violent or inappropriate for kids...

Are there any other requirements? Such as length time etc?

Thanks for any help!!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi hopeful327.. couldn't check out your channel as your link doesn't work. Check out any of the newbie introductions and you can normally find a link from admin as to how to fix that. Anyway the first thing you need to accomplish is to have more than 10,000 view to apply for monetizng your content. Did you get that far that?

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've had decent luck with my videos not getting demonetized lately. Obviously like stated you need to hit 10k views to even apply for monetization but after that try to read the YT guidelines for what they demonetize. It's pretty vague, I know, but I just took that and what basic understanding of that I applied and tried to limit my usage of the F word down to a minimum lately and it's worked out fine so far lolol

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No swearing, no controversial content amongst other things, it would be eligible if you have over 10.000 views as well!
The length of the videos would only be relevant to put more ads on the videos. At the same time longer videos (not too long of course) would benefit you with the algorithm, as the algorithm benefits longer videos.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
No copyright content: this includes things like filming a concert while attending it using your mobile phone, livestreams of sporting events or concerts, Top 10 Sports compilations (Best Goals of the Year type), and any other broadcast media taken from home Digital Video Recorders and edited for upload to YouTube.

Doing videos of the types listed above will not only get your channel rejected for monetization, but also will eventually get it terminated too.

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
See I haven't had much trouble with it. I beep the big three swears (F Word, S Word, we don't even use the C Word.) We're small so the adds are kinda random, but they go through. I've had the algorithm change it from green to yellow 3 times but it's self resolved every time. Occasionally we'll say "Damn," "Hell," or "a**." Generally avoid B based swears, but nothing you can't say on Network TV. We keep it pretty PG-13 and it's working just fine. Just got monetized too.

Status
Not open for further replies.