Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

LOCKED - New YouTube Partnership Guidlines Question

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum' started by Life of a Film maker, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Life of a Film maker
    Cash:
    $37
    so I just recently got an email from YouTube saying they will be demonitizing the videos on my channel because I don’t meet the new guidlines of 4000 watch time mins the last 12 months and 1,000 subs. But I have almost 3k subs and 185,000 watch mins over the past year so why are they sending this to me. Could it be a mess up? Who should I contact about this?

2. DigiBox
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $42
    Could be a mess up, send an email to youtube support or post on the google forums. Do you have a second or affliate channel which it could be emailing?

3. Hirudov
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $304
    185,000 watchtime minutes are 3083 hours, which is <4000. It means you have to get >1200 watchtime hours (72,000 minutes), (assuming you have your watch time equally spread over the months) in the next month to keep your monetization and partner features. The e-mail is correct, unfortunately...

No need to contact anyone, just keep improving your channel and get more views in the next 30 days and you will be okay.

4. MarkRodriguez2012
    Youtube Reviewer
    Cash:
    $69
    Yeah, you misread the email, which says 4000 watch HOURS, not minutes. You're so close though. I might give the channel a quick viewing to pitch in my 'two cents'.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 17, 2018 ---
    Hmmm, some of your videos are like 2 minutes long or less. Imma have to watch a few to make a difference.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2018 ---
    I just realized this hour thing is going to seriously affect people who have short videos.

Life of a Film maker likes this.
  5. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $7,207
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.