LOCKED - Monetization at 10.000 views

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
DISAGREE! Some of us have lives, don't appeal to a huge audience, are jilted by many things, and don't have time to make videos all the time (nor market them). It depends on too many things, too many variables, and I do not agree with this point of view or judgmental type of opinion. I am serious as a heart-attack, so my content has nothing to do with "seriousness" of character, and most definitely taxing of my time so these monopolies can do what they want, when they want. I came from a time when this was NOT acceptable business behavior. So, again, I DISAGREE!!!!!! I can't stand privileged type of analysis like this, or off-handed comments. UGH
What, really? You're kidding right?

First of all, YouTube owes you nothing for your time and effort on your videos. They did not have to start this partner program. Everyone could still be making their content for free.

Next, I've had a YouTube account since 2010 and in that time I've uploaded 74 videos that resulted in 43k+ lifetime views. Thats next to nothing in adsense money, so to say I'm privileged and judgmental is ridiculous. So you should probably take your "youtube owes me" mentality and move along. Buh bye.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The thing is, if you're lucky, you get about a dollar per 1,000 views anyway (and that's not guaranteed), so 10K views is a decent minimum, considering it's 10% of the way towards the threshold where you could get a payment rolled out to you. Without surpassing the number of views, watching pennies pile up in your dashboard isn't going to actually make you any richer.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't see anything wrong with this small restriction. If you really are serious about trying to make money off your channel then you'll be motivated to upload regularly, properly tag, advertise and respond to comments on your channel. The question is how bad do you want it? When you think about it, 10k lifetime views is nothing.
I do all of those things but still nothing. Except for the comment thing as I never get any.

Masters of Kung Food

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You get almost no money from 10k views anyway, I don't see how this is a big deal. If it weren't for my partners, I would disable monetization. It isn't worth it for small channels IMO.

Reactions: BamaGuyRTR

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i am sorry to sound a little harsh here but its not youtube screwing over the little guys, it doesn't make it harder to grow, maybe its your channel and the videos you make thats the problem here, stop trying to find ways to blame everything else

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
WARNED FOR DERAILING
You get almost no money from 10k views anyway, I don't see how this is a big deal. If it weren't for my partners, I would disable monetization. It isn't worth it for small channels IMO.
Like I said before:
t's good for motivation though. It can show how your channel is growing; you feel proud when you get enough money from YouTube to by yourself a mini pack of haribos (10p to my total earned so far 12p). But now it's just another hurdle thrown towards smaller channels like mine. It just shows how much of a failure my channel is for no clear reason. I've heard people say:
"I don't know why but you should've had way more views by now."
"How can you be doing it for 4 years if you haven't got at least 1k subs after so long."
"Wait you only get 3 comments a month? You just lost me now, best of luck though."

It may be that the algorithm hates me and this just shows further how little YouTube cares.

As if recently releasing a video that broke my channel's record for least views in one day (1) wasn't frustrating enough, now we have things like this, just constantly reminding me of how badly my channel is doing.
Also what do your parents have to do with it?[DOUBLEPOST=1506005542,1506005426][/DOUBLEPOST]
maybe its your channel and the videos you make thats the problem here, stop trying to find ways to blame everything else
Could be, but the amount of people that I asked for advice and came back with "There's nothing really wrong. You should be getting more views by now." or something along those lines is ridiculous.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
We've been having a lot of threads about this topic, so I've created a merged thread with the discussion. Please keep all of the 10k views discussion in this thread so it's easier to find out information about it! =)

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Could be, but the amount of people that I asked for advice and came back with "There's nothing really wrong. You should be getting more views by now." or something along those lines is ridiculous.
@VRONA

STOP derailing every single thread on this forum into your "Why isn't my channel growing?" thread. You've already had plenty of advice in your review threads which you decided to ignore or/dismiss thus wasting everyone's time. Don't waste people's time in this thread or(any other thread).

This thread is about "What happens at 10k views?" - Not why isn't your channel growing.

Masters of Kung Food

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Also what do your parents have to do with it?[DOUBLEPOST=1506005542,1506005426][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's "partners". Well, because they wanted to earn from ads as soon as possible. I wanted to hold off on it because I didn't want to delay my viewers from watching our videos.

"There's nothing really wrong."
If it's not working, you're doing something wrong.

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
the ad will automatically be on your video if it has been monetized, while the amount of your income depends on this ad, but also influenced by comments, like and dislike in your video, if in videomu many like and many commented then there is hope will be many ads in your videos, but now ads can also add themselves to videos over 11 minutes, so you manage how many ads you want to show on the video and in minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.