LOCKED - How long did you wait for monetization approval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeful327

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!!

How long did it take for you to be approved for monetization?

I've been waiting awhile :( Anyone else still waiting?

I'm planning to add more videos soon but I want to wait until I'm fully monetized :)

Anyone have any advice or tips?

THANKS for any help!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
is your channel the baby and spoon one? awesome video :) Youtube have a stick up their a** about videos with children in them at the moment. maybe research that and see if thats the problem to this and your other question posted. You seem to get massive view counts. Instead join amazon associates and put some affiliate links in your description as a way to monetise your content.

hopeful327

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response and for helping for free! I am planning to post some helpful videos (more helpful that what I have right now) but I don't want to do it until I can get monetized.... hmmm...

Do you happen to have any links explaining about videos with children not being monetized?

THANKS in advance for any help!!!!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hiya.. I can't post links but search Google for 'youtube demonetizing content with children' and your first hit should be techcrunch dot com titled 'YouTube tightens rules on kid-related content'. and more recent hits all similar. In fact I hear some peoples actually had their channels taken down. Something about the advertisers not wanting their adverts shown on certain channels or content. I didn't read up on it much as it wasn't relevant to my channel. The forum seems quite tonight but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable with reply to your thread soon.

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Took a day or two for me if I recall. Wasn't really paying attention to it all that much then I noticed my videos had that $ symbol and was like "Oh, that's nice" they approved my request lol They say like within a week or something if I remember correctly, so just hang in there I suppose.

Reactions: hopeful327

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the YouTube monetization discussion forum. ^_^

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I got it from the start, as I have already gotten the requirement of 10.000 views by the time it was implemented.
I guess it took me a year to get the first 10k views anyway! it´s just only recently that views are getting to pick up!

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been waiting just over a month now, applied 25th November so expect to wait a long time. As far as I am aware currently no one is being approved.

hopeful327

Reaction score
I've been waiting just over a month now, applied 25th November so expect to wait a long time. As far as I am aware currently no one is being approved.
Thank-you for your response. If you happen to hear any updates, please let me know, I hope we will both be approved asap :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.