[LOCKED - fake news] New YouTube Like/Dislike Punishment System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

12padams

Reaction score
Recently a YouTuber made a video about their videos getting a lack of views and realised it was because of the new punishment system that applies from the 1st of Jan 2017. For example, channels with 2x the amount of dislikes than likes can't have their videos monitized anymore. Channels with 100:1 dislikes to likes can't upload videos anymore. Is this system in place?

Here is a screenshot from the video:

[removed by YTtalk staff - fake news]

I can't seem to access this page myself though? Has YouTube removed this feature, the info page or what? This system could easily be abused to take down certain YouTubers thus why I believe it really shouldn't be in place.

Updated by OP - This has been found to be FAKE.

(Thread closed by YTtalk staff to prevent this fake news going any further.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I tried to type that address you posted in the address bar and it sent me to a non existing page error, so I'd say it's a hoax or something that was photoshopped for who know what reasons. Also because a system like this would be enormous bull, and an excellent way to silence those with "unpopular" opinions.

12padams

Reaction score
This was the video I got this from:
[Removed by Staff]

Sorry, join that together, it won't let me post the link. I contacted the youtuber on skype and he hasn't done this himself, he can't seem to access the page again though. I couldn't either. He found the page via google.

Last edited by a moderator:

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I still think it's a fake, otherwise I'm sure there will be a lot more threads and articles talking about it, since it would be an extremely controversial topic. In addition the person in the video just cut straight to the page without showing how he accessed it and without posting a link to it, something that anyone with common sense would do.
And when he said he found the page via google it was very likely a lie.

12padams

Reaction score
The guy just revealed to me that it was all a fake... Thank Goodness! I will try delete this post now

Anyway I can delete this?

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I'm glad it's a fake.
It would be horrible if they would implement a feature like this.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It could be legit, just not finalized yet. I am not surprised why this would be featured; clickbaity videos or pure s****y ones which don't deserve the atttention they get.

EDIT: How I wished it was true. I hate stumbling across fake videos.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
It could be legit, just not finalized yet. I am not surprised why this would be featured; clickbaity videos or pure s****y ones which don't deserve the atttention they get.

EDIT: How I wished it was true. I hate stumbling across fake videos.
This could be abused really bad.
Example: PewDiePie could send all his followers to dislike a channels videos so much that their channel got disabled.

Lloydo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't like the idea of this. Because surely if you are a small youtuber it can be very easy to get a dislike ratio that could be a lot higher. Hater gonna hate, but this would just give people more reason to hate! :)

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This could be abused really bad.
Example: PewDiePie could send all his followers to dislike a channels videos so much that their channel got disabled.
That's true. But don't you think the likelihood of that happening is lesser than of doing the same to questionable videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.