[locked] can claimant see my all informations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burak Oyunda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hi guys , I wanna ask a question;

someone sent a fake copyright strike to one of my videos and youtube deleted that video , actually I know who is he but I did not care because he is trying to learn my informations (my address, phone number etc.)

how can I protect my channel ? some people say when I did submit counter notification to youtube , youtube shares my informations with claimant , isn't it bullshitt ? its my personel life , why I give my informations to him ?

Burak Oyunda

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
WARNING WITH INFRACTION POINTS FOR POINTLESS POST
come on guys

DBA

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yes when you submit an appeal/counter notification the claimant gets your information, including name and address. The reason they have to give it to them is because the next recourse for the claimant is to file a lawsuit (which they'd need your info for).

While this is the way it should work, it does give stalkers a way to get your info. I personally use a PO box as my address. Not sure what they call those in your country but it's basically a mailbox at the local post office where you can get your mail sent to.

How was the claimant even able to prove a copyright claim in the first place?

Reactions: Burak Oyunda

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
come on guys
@Burak Oyunda

We are not your dedicated support team. I'd suggest you change the tone and attitude a bit.

Every single one of posts here is asking questions and you've had plenty of answers in your other threads but not once did you think of thanking people or contributing anything else to these forums. That's not what YTtalk is about. If you aren't going to contribute anything to these forums or thank people, then please don't waste our time with your long list of legal questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.