Loading up stock of future videos

Sheffielder

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's one scenario I'd like to put to you guys to get your advice and thoughts.

I'm filming a series of travel and walk videos.

Recently I filmed a few basic walkarounds in London that I stockpiled then released daily over a week and half.

My thinking is to head out, film a load of footage, break it down into 10 minute episodes and then release them on a regular schedule.

So basically stockpiling videos. Maybe even stockpiling a few months content in advance.

The films I am going to do aren't time sensitive so there's no rush to get them out, and I'm sure it will make it easier for me to upload and schedule them all. Takes the pressure off filming every day right?

Thoughts?

Are there any downsides to what I'm planning to do that you can see?

Reactions: Dice Rollen

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I schedule my releases and have had up to months worth in the pipeline. It hasnt hurt me.

The only thing I would think about is weather. For example if you had walked London recently you would have walked in the snow. People would like to see that. But scheduled 2 months down the line and it makes less sense?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
To me I see no problem with that. I tend to save videos for future releases myself in case there is a week where I can't film or edit because work or martial arts. So to me it's a really good idea to help maintain that consistency for your audience. =]

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a "stockpile" as well. My videos are hugely cost/weather dependant so I need to spread them out.. So if it rains 3 weekends in a row I still have a video to put out.

So yes, I would if I were you.

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think stockpiling videos like that it a good idea. Plus the video length of 10 minutes seems good in that it's not a long video, but it isn't too short either. It's a wise move to get multiple videos out of one recording time frame.

The only downside I could see to something like that is only if you're unable to keep that consistency up. But if you stockpile like you say so that you've got a few months planned out then I don't think it'll be a big problem for you.

Cookey

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea cause it would keep your channel active and honestly if it makes life easier for you then go for it

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hmm.. if i was a subscriber to a channel I'd like to know that the content is new, updated, rather than to find out what happened yesterday or last week. I guess they won't know however when you made the videos. It might take away some of the appeal to your channel maybe? Just a thought anyways. If its more practical for you then I can see how that makes sense too to stockpile vids.

ps admin!. where have my dam feet gone? lol
<<<