Loaded Question about my channel. Should I split??

DarrenEm

Reaction score
Background:

My channel started off as an offroad motorcycle Motovlog channel. I think things were going really well, but then I moved and didn't have access to the same type of terrain. I abandoned the channel for a while. I ended up renaming it to a more general channel name "ADV Outdoors" and began posting about ATV and Side by Sides during the riding season and then a lot of ice fishing in the winter. I have noticed that the ice fishing ones seem to do a lot better than the riding ones and have gained me the most subscribers. I am worried about losing the new subscribers in the Spring when I start posting riding videos again.

I am wondering if I should split the channel. Maybe ADV Outdoors and ADV Offroad? The thing is, I don't have too much free time to film/edit consistently for 2 different channels. The other thing is I'm at around 700 subs right now trying to make a hard push for 1000. A split now, will take me back in progress pretty far!

I feel like the quality of my videos warrants a lot more subscribers than what I have and also want some advice on how to get my videos out there, if anyone is interested in checking it out. Basically ANY tips and pointers are appreciated. Thanks!

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean, the content that you're mentioning sounds similar enough to me that it could remain on one channel, in my opinion? Although it's tricky because you could end up with a split of viewers who are there for a specific type of video and ignore the rest, but with the size of your channel I feel like it's probably beneficial to be uploading as much as you can despite the differences in content and just trying to hook in a stable viewer-base; personally I would probably keep everything mushed together right now and change it up in the future if I saw necessary for whatever reason per my own perspective/my viewer's complaints/less-than-ideal analytics
Side note: I love your channel art!! Looks a lot more put together than mine does, that's fore sure haha

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn't split, those are similar enough that it fits within the same audience. For example, my channel is about teaching people how to edit videos, but if I throw in a camera review every now and then, it still fits within my target audience.

Reactions: tahlia

GrannyGamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree that your content is similar enough to justify the same channel.... outdoors, sporty, and generally a blokey thing. Most people subscribe to many channels and don't necessary watch every single video you make but they will click on the ones that they are interested in. Saying that, I don't think you'd actually loose subs. Getting to 700 subscribers is quite an achievement! The slight difference might actually be of benefit as your building a wider audience. I had a look and love the way you have put your videos together and your name change is a really good move.
Well done with what you've done so far, it's looks and sounds great and I'm sure it won't take too long to hit that big 1k!