Livestreaming a game.. Face-cam, or no face-cam.

When it comes to live streamed gameplay videos.. Reaction cam or no reaction cam

• No reaction cam, chap!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThatDaveCarter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Guys,

So I'm looking at doing a bit of live streaming. I did a test broadcast last week, and have now ironed out the bugs (at least I hope so).

A mate of mine said to play Doom 3 BFG in the dark, with headphones on because it's uber scary. It could make for quite a funny video. (I scare easily at video games).

The question is, what do you guys prefer when it comes to watching a live-stream.. A reaction cam in the corner, or none at all. I suppose it all really depends on how photogenic the person on the camera is. Unfortunately in this case, it would be me... I'm not a pretty sight to be fair :) But in general, what do you guys prefer?

Personally, I'm happy to just watch gameplay as long as the commentary is entertaining. I think reaction cam could detract from the overall tone of the video, and it may actually be funnier to imagine what the persons face looked like when they screamed than actually seeing it.

Anyways, vote now :)

Jishk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
What are you using to stream? With xsplit, you can set hotkeys to switch between layouts, so you can take up or put down your face whenever you feel like during gameplay. That's my vote... Best of both worlds.

Personally I respect a stream just a little bit more when I see a face on it, especially if it's obvious that they took the time to freshen up before the stream and/or have some kind of interesting backdrop (another opportunity for branding and whatnot). Also, it's a reminder within the stream that you're not just watching a video game or listening to a commentary - there's a person on the other end of the tubes that is 'performing' in real time (making you more relateable/allowing the audience to feel they can connect better with you).

FromRobbie

Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think having a face cam is a good idea :D It's great seeing reactions etc when you are playing the game. Gives the viewer a better commentary and can sometimes be funnier too (especially with a scary game :p)