KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are your thoughts about live streaming on YouTube?

I've been doing it a lot more lately and I have a set group of about 10 people that always show up and talk and it's really rewarding.

I also get about 100 views on each livestream which is better than regular lets play videos I post.

Do you think people like live stream channels on YouTube?

I'm kind of still doing a mix of live streams and regular videos as well, do you think that's a good strategy?

I appreciate an opinions!

And yes I'm aware twitch is a bigger website for streaming gaming but I already have a good growth on YouTube going

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are your thoughts about live streaming on YouTube?

I've been doing it a lot more lately and I have a set group of about 10 people that always show up and talk and it's really rewarding.

I also get about 100 views on each livestream which is better than regular lets play videos I post.

Do you think people like live stream channels on YouTube?

I'm kind of still doing a mix of live streams and regular videos as well, do you think that's a good strategy?

I appreciate an opinions!

And yes I'm aware twitch is a bigger website for streaming gaming but I already have a good growth on YouTube going
All you have to do is make a twitch account already and you can boost your ratings/views with twitch and youtube they go hand and hand. if you look and lets say pewdiepie he goes on twitch as well as youtube. you need to find that balance because at the end of the day they can both help with your views just say in your videos or even disc. to go check out your twitch and stuff like that i hope i was helpful.

Reactions: KantoGaming

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I guess livestreaming has more success because it has more immediate interaction between the viewer and the creator, I could anytime join a livestream and small talk with who's there at the moment, the same cannot happen with a "recorded" video. On the topic of mixing content, I agree with doing like that, both in the form of stream highlights and separate videos. Because of my limited internet speed I barely watch livestreams and I cannot livestream to anything higher than 240p, maybe 360p if the planets are aligned, so take my statements with a grain of salt.

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess livestreaming has more success because it has more immediate interaction between the viewer and the creator, I could anytime join a livestream and small talk with who's there at the moment, the same cannot happen with a "recorded" video. On the topic of mixing content, I agree with doing like that, both in the form of stream highlights and separate videos. Because of my limited internet speed I barely watch livestreams and I cannot livestream to anything higher than 240p, maybe 360p if the planets are aligned, so take my statements with a grain of salt.
Yeah that's definitely why I still do some regular video lets plays on my channel as well because I know not everyone can watch streams. What's nice about YouTube tho is that it uploads the video after the stream and you could watch it that way, but idk how many people would want to watch an hour long video lol. Probably not many.

I enjoy streaming a lot more. I just hope streaming channels on YouTube become more popular[DOUBLEPOST=1500136766,1500136734][/DOUBLEPOST]
All you have to do is make a twitch account already and you can boost your ratings/views with twitch and youtube they go hand and hand. if you look and lets say pewdiepie he goes on twitch as well as youtube. you need to find that balance because at the end of the day they can both help with your views just say in your videos or even disc. to go check out your twitch and stuff like that i hope i was helpful.
Well there is a restream website where you can stream to both YouTube and twitch at the same time

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I did my first live stream last Friday. It was a big success and I really enjoyed interacting with people. I was really nervous that no one would show up or I'd mess it up lol. Quite the opposite, 30 people showed up and I even got a $20 superchat donation! Live streaming has many good things going for it. It allows you to build a closer knit community, which is important. For the algorithm it means a huge boost in watch time, especially if you did it for and hour and a half like I did lol.

It also breaks up your routine a little bit and gives your subs something a bit new. I'll definitely do another one, and I'll probably make it a regular thing as well.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Superchat has potential and was one of YouTube's main points at the VidCon creator keynote. I've watched Barbara who works at YouTube talk about superchat at the keynote and on and her YouTube channel and she really seems to be promoting it. She said in one video a YouTuber made like $4000 in 90 minutes streaming GTA5 from superchat. I don't think that's the norm but there is potential there if you can find a way to take advantage of it.

I've seen a few streaming channels pop up out of nowhere and I'm curious myself if there's an opportunity I'm missing. I just keep hearing about superchat and I feel like I need to try it out soon.