Live Commentary Or Talk After I Record Gameplay

Byjenkz

ok so I am just wondering do you think it's best to recors call of duty game plays while also recording my facecam at the same time so it's a live commentary or is it best to record the gameplay and talk over it after I have recorded ????

It really depends on your content type and what you're good at. If you think you have funny reactions, then do live commentary. But if you're trying to do a discussion video (e.g. about your gameplay, the community, etc.), then do post-commentary.

I prefer post production commentary, so I can cut out the most uninteresting parts and avoid void commentary moments, I just keep what's needed.

today i have tried my first time recording the audio after the video, for a gameplay video i found that i could comment more freely, but as I knew what i was going to do I kept pre-empting things sometimes much earlier then I actually did them.
I think i will stick to post recording audio though as I find this much easier to engage with the video

If your content is on you just playing the game then it is better to do live commentary. It will be more genuine when you actually react when things happen. If your doing a commentary on a certain topic and its not related to the gameplay then recording audio after the gameplay is fine.

If you're discussing a topic then 100% commentate after recording video, it'll be easier to talk about the topic you want to and can read of a script or whatever helps you..
Only record over gameplay if you're reacting to it or creating a playthrough etc.
I might be a bit hypocritical.. I've personally recorded commentary while playing games to jog my memory, as long as you don't talk about what's happening on screen.

Really though it is opinion, do what makes you feel comfortable and records the best commentary :)

If you're discussing a topic then 100% commentate after recording video, it'll be easier to talk about the topic you want to and can read of a script or whatever helps you..
Only record over gameplay if you're reacting to it or creating a playthrough etc.
I might be a bit hypocritical.. I've personally recorded commentary while playing games to jog my memory, as long as you don't talk about what's happening on screen.

Really though it is opinion, do what makes you feel comfortable and records the best commentary :)
i dont normaly talk about a certain topic i just do "JordeyPlays episodes" so jordey plays black ops 3 so it would be best to talk while playing wouldn't it ?

Back