Lip Sync Idea.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I think if I made fun and entertaining videos of my puppets lip syncing popular music that it might help get a LOT more traffic to my channel.

At first I used to think that perhaps I shouldn't with the copyright infringement and things, but then I got to thinking, that Keenan kid got famous from doing lip syncing, and not to diss him, but I feel that I could make my videos a lot more entertaining, at least visually speaking.Beside I hear that that if done well, the big companies don't mind, because YouTube will put advertisements on my video with royalties going to the Artists etc...

I'd love some feedback on thoughts and perhaps some song ideas for my puppets to lip sync too. Keep in mind that for now it would have to be a solo male artist, and preferably in the pop, rap, dance scene. Something with simple lyrics, and not much of a story. You know, something commercial. heh

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can do that, but just be prepared for your videos to be blocked in other countries or deleted from YouTube. Oh, and you won't be able to become a partner or have monetizing on any of your videos. It's up to you...

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can do that, but just be prepared for your videos to be blocked in other countries or deleted from YouTube. Oh, and you won't be able to become a partner or have monetizing on any of your videos. It's up to you...
Not sure that's fully true, Keenan is a partner and he's all about Lip Syncing.

I should mention I'd be putting those videos on my second channel, and then hopefully drawing them to my main.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
this is where youtube makes no sense to me and seems to follow a double standard. I've seen them look the other way and let some people get away with such things, I've seen other people have videos taken down and get deleted. YT makes nooo sense to me in this regard.

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not sure that's fully true, Keenan is a partner and he's all about Lip Syncing.
Ah, but Keenan gets the right to use those songs, as you see famous artists singing with him in his videos. Artists want him to do it as it promotes their songs, as he is famous on YouTube... and Keenan also became famous because of his lip syncing to 'Like a G6'. So you could try and take that risk...

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ah, but Keenan gets the right to use those songs, as you see famous artists singing with him in his videos. Artists want him to do it as it promotes their songs, as he is famous on YouTube... and Keenan also became famous because of his lip syncing to 'Like a G6'. So you could try and take that risk...
that's my point, it's possible to get noticed by doing this...

And I know Symp, I KNOW!! so weird and complicated and confusing.

See some say that if it's tasteful, and brings in views, that they accept and even like this. See this brings them free promotion for their songs and artists.

I don't know, I'm tempted.
--- merged: Mar 29, 2012 3:58 PM ---
Specially if it's not the big big names artists, but the B celebrities sort of.

And you know other youtubers use copyrighted songs and are partners, they just don't monetize those specific videos.

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
TBH i think your puppets lip synching would be very funny, so i would go for it especially if someone else has made it big eith this type of video. Just remember that your always walking a fine line and just to be careful with that.

:)

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
TBH i think your puppets lip synching would be very funny, so i would go for it especially if someone else has made it big eith this type of video. Just remember that your always walking a fine line and just to be careful with that.

:)
It's what I'm thinking, and also why id upload it to my second channel..... if i do it.

Reactions: RatedPro

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes I was going to do something similar actually a few times not serious singing or anything I have no voice, but I thought I would license a couple of cover songs to make it all kosher (its not expensive) so i could use kareoke background music and do something silly with it. I think more to see the reactions and comments then anything lol

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I was going to do something similar actually a few times not serious singing or anything I have no voice, but I thought I would license a couple of cover songs to make it all kosher (its not expensive) so i could use kareoke background music and do something silly with it. I think more to see the reactions and comments then anything lol
Hate or love it, these types of videos get views.