Links Screen after the video

Shlanga

Reaction score
Hey there again! I thought I'd create to separate threads for two different questions, so here we go.

Do you guys use this 'links screen' after (each of) your video has finished? What I mean is, for example, what Tobuscus or TotalBiscuit, or any other famous YouTube "gameplayers", put after each one of their videos: a picture (I assume) with 3-4 small embed videos with links inside specifically cropped places in that picture, and they let that screen to play for about a minute so that people can click on any of their previous/future/etc videos.

So my question is - do you do this as well? This obviously adds some extra work. If you do, then HOW are you doing this? What are you using for making the picture/screen (just photoshop or anything similar)? How long does it take for you to do this and for how long do you make it play on standard? And most importantly, how do you put in those videos in motion with links attached over there, and also with your commentary over this whole screen?

Thanks for your help in advance, I'm sure this will be useful for anyone else looking for an answer to this question in the future.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The outro I would use say a solid colour in Sony Vegas and add the videos on top of that shrunk down in side and then place annotations once uploaded over them with the annotation editor on YouTube. That is what creates the links, you get to position them and adjust how long they show for, their colour, where they link to and all sorts. If they're just pictures Photoshop or GIMP would be fine for making the small thumbnails and then placing them within the editor. You would add an audio track and place the audio you want within the editor if you wanted any sound.

To resize the videos in Sony Vegas you can use either pan/crop or track motion, adjusting the widths and heights of each video you put in and then placing them where you want them, that is the most tedious part for me personally.

Personally I just couldn't be bothered resizing each of the videos, not usually at least, so I would probably go for a picture thumbnail myself although video I think is more enticing for someone to click on with it moving and showing some of the good scenes. I do see how these are beneficial and I recommend people do it as much as they can but for me its a lot of extra work and after spending a good hour or more editing it adds extra work. If you have the time and you like them a lot then I would definitely do this.

the9one8

www.youtube.com/the9one8
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The outro I would use say a solid colour in Sony Vegas and add the videos on top of that shrunk down in side and then place annotations once uploaded over them with the annotation editor on YouTube. That is what creates the links, you get to position them and adjust how long they show for, their colour, where they link to and all sorts. If they're just pictures Photoshop or GIMP would be fine for making the small thumbnails and then placing them within the editor. You would add an audio track and place the audio you want within the editor if you wanted any sound.

To resize the videos in Sony Vegas you can use either pan/crop or track motion, adjusting the widths and heights of each video you put in and then placing them where you want them, that is the most tedious part for me personally.

Personally I just couldn't be bothered resizing each of the videos, not usually at least, so I would probably go for a picture thumbnail myself although video I think is more enticing for someone to click on with it moving and showing some of the good scenes. I do see how these are beneficial and I recommend people do it as much as they can but for me its a lot of extra work and after spending a good hour or more editing it adds extra work. If you have the time and you like them a lot then I would definitely do this.
Thanks Michael. I was wondering this same thing. I don't use Sony Vegas, but image Premiere isn't much different.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem, to be honest I am not sure if using track motion/pan crop is the best way of doing it but it does work and is the only way I have used myself, there could be other ways maybe more efficient too but I am yet to learn them. I know the cookie cutter in Sony Vegas can be used but I found it way too much work compared to track motion which I stick with over pan/crop too. Let us know how they turn out if you make some :)

TMDxProductionz

FIFA 12 Gaming Channel [HD]
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Camtasia Studios; still trying to get my head around the 'Picture-in-picture' feature which I believe does roughly the same thing. I'm sure with a bit of practise I could whip up a 'thumbnail outro' on PhotoShop. I'm wondering, though, if my viewers may get a bit bored with the outro that I'm using at the moment then that screen after too. It certainly requires some thought and work.

Reactions: Michael