Linking to Social Media Channels

Phil Vanderloo

Hiline Builders Inc.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi,
I'm trying to edit my youtube channel to link to a specific Twitter feed and my biz facebook page. For whatever reason youtube automatically wants to link to my personal twitter and fb page and isn't letting me change that. Is there a way I can change this?
Thanks

Phil Vanderloo

Hiline Builders Inc.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a facebook personal account and a facebook business page, twitter personal and twitter biz. I want my youtube channel to link to both biz accounts but it automatically goes to both personal accounts and I'm hoping I can change that??

the9one8

www.youtube.com/the9one8
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have a facebook personal account and a facebook business page, twitter personal and twitter biz. I want my youtube channel to link to both biz accounts but it automatically goes to both personal accounts and I'm hoping I can change that??
I'm not sure about the twitter business page, but I had the same problem with facebook on there. What I did is; I created a twitter for the9one8 (separate email and everything since I don't really use personal twitter to begin with). Then I linked my twitter to my facebook business page. So now when I do something on youtube, it links to the twitter which then links to the facebook page.
Like I said, I don't know about the twitter business page, but you could try to link it that way.:)

Phil Vanderloo

Hiline Builders Inc.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess youtube won't let up link to FB biz pages for whatever reason. I thought it might work if I switched users on facebook and then re-enabled the youtube connection but it said I need to switch back to my personal facebook account before it can link up.

unknown_user9083520

Reaction score
You need to cancel the link between your personal Facebook and then go to the sidebar on your channel, click edit and add a link in the normal way (like you would for a general website other than FB or Twitter). Put the URL to your business FB & Twitter here and after you click save a little logo will appear beside them.
It's how I had to do it as I didn't want my YouTube page linked to my personal Facebook but my FB Fan Page instead. Click on my channel to see how it looks (it appears slightly differently than linking the accounts directly).