Linking Social Media Accounts to your Youtube

Psychotic Squirrel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Does linking social media accounts such as twitter, facebook, instagram etc help you in YouTube as far as their algorithm is concerned?

It seems they wouldn't offer these capabilities if they didn't provide some benefit to your page, but I'm just curious as to whether YouTube takes this into account when ranking videos and pages?

Thoughts?

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As far as I know YouTube is only concerned about the traffic FROM social media sites, as clicking on a social media link might be seen as leaving the YouTube site which the algorithm does take into account.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As far as the algorithm is concerned, there won't be any real benefit there. In fact, it might even hurt you, simply because the person who clicked on the link just left the site. The real benefit you get is from your viewers. By linking social media pages, your channel looks a bit more professional, your viewers know how to contact you, and by following you on multiple platforms, you're essentially building and reinforcing that relationship with your audience. You can post on your Twitter any changes to your upload schedule, anything going on with your life, and they'll be right there to support you. So, I say the pros outweigh the cons.

Reactions: Obsurdity

Psychotic Squirrel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
weird that they provide integration with twitter and allow your videos to be automatically posted as tweets when you upload but by linking a twitter page it can actually be detrimental to your youtube page...

I created a twitter page and linked it because it makes my youtube page look more professional like already mentioned, but i also thought it helped with youtubes own internal controls somehow as well. i guess not.

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
weird that they provide integration with twitter and allow your videos to be automatically posted as tweets when you upload but by linking a twitter page it can actually be detrimental to your youtube page...

I created a twitter page and linked it because it makes my youtube page look more professional like already mentioned, but i also thought it helped with youtubes own internal controls somehow as well. i guess not.
yea Sadly no, an external link means leaving YouTube's site which ensure no more revenue from ad's. If you can get people onto YouTube from external sources, and keep them on the site, it's a plus in the algorithm's eyes.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I don't see why it wouldn't help. Granted I don't think it matters all too much with the first 100-500 subscribers.
At least for me it doesn't seem like people migrate from Youtube to Facebook at all. Maybe Twitter. But perhaps when you really start growing that number will drastically change.