LINK FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM??

Not sure if this is in the right place but i hope so! Towards the end of my videos i usually point my viewers in the direction of my fan page and instagram.

I tend to leave links in the description box but i was wondering if there is a way to have a link on the video as well. I know how to with video links to redirect but not sure how to link it with other sites. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this is in the right place but i hope so! Towards the end of my videos i usually point my viewers in the direction of my fan page and instagram.

I tend to leave links in the description box but i was wondering if there is a way to have a link on the video as well. I know how to with video links to redirect but not sure how to link it with other sites. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
I don't think you can unless you have external annotations enabled, and even then, I think they can only take you to approved merchandise/fundraising sites.

I don't think you can unless you have external annotations enabled, and even then, I think they can only take you to approved merchandise/fundraising sites.

Not sure what you mean by external annotations.... is that a partner privilege ?

Hopefully I'm right here, but external annotations is allowing you to have links connected to your videos annotations. For example in most of our videos at the end we have one that if you click it will subscribe you to our channel. As far as using them to link to social media accounts I don't think thats possible.

I would just put maybe your Twitter/Instagram handle on screen at the end, and also as a link in the description.

Hope that helped! Best of luck to you!

Hopefully I'm right here, but external annotations is allowing you to have links connected to your videos annotations. For example in most of our videos at the end we have one that if you click it will subscribe you to our channel. As far as using them to link to social media accounts I don't think thats possible.

I would just put maybe your Twitter/Instagram handle on screen at the end, and also as a link in the description.

Hope that helped! Best of luck to you!
agree with this.

but external annotations allow you to link to sites that aren't a part of youtube, but usually only sites that are APPROVED by youtube (i.e. merchandise retailers, fundraising sites). there's a list somewhere on the google forums

I'm a partner and can link to my website during a video. This is a new feature that started at the end of December or so. It's great for me since it will really get traffic to my site. I don't think it works with sites that you don't own like Facebook.

If you are a partner in good standing, you can link a website to your YouTube account. But you need to actually have a website because it requires you to verify by adding an HTML file to your domain. Once you have verified your website, your account may be enabled for "Youtube associated website annotations" and you can link annotations to your associated website. However, as far as linking to social media sites through annotations, that's a pilot feature that only a select few partners currently have access to. Hope this helps answer your question!

Back