liked video list public?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I sure you have a list with the videos you have liked over the years. Do you keep this list private or public and what is the pros and cons? The reason why I ask this question is that my "liked videos list" is private and I can´t figure out how to make it public......And I also don´t know if I should do so.
What do you guys think/do?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
my "liked videos list" is private and I can´t figure out how to make it public.

It's in the privacy settings here https://www.youtube.com/account_privacy

What do you guys think/do?
I keep it private. There is absolutely no upside to making it public. By making it public, there's a chance someone visiting your channel will see an interesting looking video in your "like list" and then click on it to watch the video, thus leaving your channel......

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I keep it private. There is absolutely no upside to making it public. By making it public, there's a chance someone visiting your channel will see an interesting looking video in your "like list" and then click on it to watch the video, thus leaving your channel......
Okay thanks:) I will keep it private then

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I used to keep mine private, but I made it public. I also made my subscriptions public. I don't have anything I'd consider weird in it, and I think it helps show that I interact with YouTube instead of just posting stuff for views. Maybe YouTube will ding me for sending people off to another channel, but if they click on a liked video of mine, they would be watching the video inside one of my channel's playlists. I suspect that because it's one of my playlists, it might still count for something...and at least it's keeping nosy curious people on the site longer, and a lot of my liked videos are somewhat related to my own channel. ^_^

I think there are trade-offs, but I don't think there is a clear negative to it unless you've liked a lot of controversial or strange videos... It does make me think twice about liking a video, though, which might be a good thing.

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to keep mine private, but I made it public. I also made my subscriptions public. I don't have anything I'd consider weird in it, and I think it helps show that I interact with YouTube instead of just posting stuff for views. Maybe YouTube will ding me for sending people off to another channel, but if they click on a liked video of mine, they would be watching the video inside one of my channel's playlists. I suspect that because it's one of my playlists, it might still count for something...and at least it's keeping nosy curious people on the site longer, and a lot of my liked videos are somewhat related to my own channel
I have actually thought about this aspect myself:) Maybe I should try to make my liked videos public for a while to see how it works:)

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I keep mine public, but I only really watch car videos on YouTube, so I think that it doesn't affect me.

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Well, here are some thoughts...
Would you subscribe to a channel if it's owner shows videos he/she liked and you disagree with them and so with his/her personality ?