Like Per Views, a good thing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I just clicked that link to see what it was all about, and it makes it so that people HAVE to share your video on FB BEFORE they watch it??? That sounds HORRIBLE, seems like most people would see the message "you must share this on FB to proceed" and be like "no thanks!" And just not watch the video! Does anyone have a differing view on this? Is there something I'm missing here?

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ok, it's not just me then. Good to know.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
lol I saw that earlier and to be honest my reaction was "f**k off!" Have a nice day LikePerView I mean saying it can make your video go viral on Facebook...but forcing you to share their video on Facebook doesn't sound right to me. Why don't they just make their video viral like they say they can do in the ad?

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
if you think about it though if 5 people watch your video, don't like it for whatever reason wont share it. but if you only get 1 person who actually feels like clicking on share and then watching. Now his whole friends list is exposed to your video plus that like. So now you have (mostly over 100 at least) people exposed with 1 confirmed view and one confirmed link. And i'm sure people are gonna at least check out the video if there friend links it. Basically its a very inexact science and the proportion might even be 20 people for 1 sharer but hey who knows, you might only need that one person to help you out. Just my thoughts on the reasoning ^^

EDIT: doubt you'll go viral but you will get exposure :D

RatedPro

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I see what you're saying, but I still think I'd feel too much like a con artist, and I feel like people would be turned off by the fact that I even allowed my video to "force" them to share... I'll think about it a little more though.

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
^ agreed but what i was saying is the reasoning and thought process. Many people believe in the injustice of a system like that, making people like something without knowing the content further. I was just stating why i think they do that :) On that note, i also feel that if you want that big audience you might have to do things you might not totally agree because technically your not a con artist, because if they don't feel comfortable they won't share before watching. I think its a nice service they offer for those striving to be "youtube famous"

RatedPro

Reactions: Michael and Symph

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
^ agreed but what i was saying is the reasoning and thought process. Many people believe in the injustice of a system like that, making people like something without knowing the content further. I was just stating why i think they do that :) On that note, i also feel that if you want that big audience you might have to do things you might not totally agree because technically your not a con artist, because if they don't feel comfortable they won't share before watching. I think its a nice service they offer for those striving to be "youtube famous"

RatedPro
Yeah I'm not 100 percent against it in all forms just YET, I'm like 90 percent against it and 10 percent going, "well maybe if I just did it one one of my videos it could be ok if I put a warning in the description or something"

Reactions: RatedPro

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
^Agree 100% don't shoot it down, but be cautious, not every promotional technique is right for everyone's channel :D

RatedPro

Reactions: Michael
Status
Not open for further replies.